Gustav- More than meets the eye

Hey guys!
Sorry for the late upload, but I have medium neither-good-neither-bad-moderate news! I GOT BRACES!!
It's kinda weird, and I keep twisting my mouth into crazy shapes, but other than that, they're pretty cool.

Anyways, you're here for the story. Enjoy!
(You know what? That line's fine for an exit!)

<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>

Hiccup barged in.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I asked without looking up from packing.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. This IS your house."

"NO, I meant I'm sorry about my dad. I've never seen him like this before, I don't know what's wrong."

"I do. He knows what I've done to the other tribes, and trust me, it's not good. He's got a good reason, Hiccup. I wouldn't argue if I were you."

We were silent for a while.Then he spoke up, as if he were thinking the whole time. "Why do you do this in the first place?"

I knew I had no reason to be angry, but on reflex, my voice raised. "Because that's all I'm good at. It's what describes me, and I'm not losing it. No matter how many tribes I'm banned from."

He sensed the anger in my tone and shut his mouth. "You know I'm not letting you go alone, right?"

"You're not following me. No one is. Not even you, Snotlout."

I heard an "Aww man!" from outside my window.

"I'm sorry guys, I have more experience. Besides, I'm just being thrown out again, it's a common thing. Permanently."

"Take care," he smiled. I hesitated for a while, but gave a quick smile back.

<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>

Astrid helped me choose new clothes, since I'd been wearing my old suit for about two years now.

"So, that's it, then? We never really got to spend some time together." She asked as I chose my color. It was black and green, so I could hide in the forest better if Mist wasn't around.

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"Did you really pull that joke by yourself?"

I had planned on keeping Ruff and Tuff out of trouble, as much as they wanted to be in it. I didn't want anybody else in trouble, hence the fact I wouldn't let anyone else follow me."Yeah, all me." I lied.

"I gotta say, apart from the chaos, it was kind of neat."

I smiled appreciatively. "Thanks."

Later that day, the whole gang was here, except Gustav of course, at the time of my departure. As I sat on my new saddle, I wiggled uncomfortably. "What's wrong?" asked Hiccup.

"I'm just not used to this. It'll be over soon. Thanks!"

Ruff and Tuff came crying to me. "We'll miss you!" I signaled them to keep quiet about their play in the prank, but they just stared at me with confused faces.

"I'll miss you too," I rolled my eyes and smiled. "See you around, cuz," I motioned to Tuff. At hearing that, he got exceptionally happy and broke into a fit of crying and poetry.

"I just have to say that you're one heck of a girl, all sneaky and clever to come up with something like that. When people talk about you, I'll be proud to say I knew you." Snotlout flashed his flirty smile. I nodded and smiled too, though not appreciative, just a friendly smile because at least he appreciated my passion.