"I have seen the way you look at me" [Michael] | BLURB

Today started off great. You had plans to hang out with one of your best friends, Calum, at his place for the first time in what felt like years. It'd been a while since the two of you really hung out alone, just sitting around his house and doing nothing. He's always busy because of his demanding job and you missed him because of it which is why you were so happy to see him.

Absolutely nothing was your favorite thing to do when you and Calum were together. You loved just sitting around and simply enjoying each other's presence. So much that you based your day around these plans, turning down any other friends who came to you asking if you wanted to do anything else and putting off errands until your day free day. You were very eager and excited to be able to spend some alone time with him with no interruptions, so imagine your surprise when he opens the door and you see another blue-haired Aussie boy sitting on his couch.

Your smile dropped from your face once you saw Michael, eyes rolling once you realized his comfortable position on the couch meant he was here to stay. He looked up from his phone and gave you a small smile that you couldn't even bring yourself to return. Instead you followed Calum into the kitchen and stood not far from him with folded arms and a pout on your face. He was making something to eat and laughed when he glanced at you.

"What's wrong, you big baby?" he asked, pinching your cheek. You slapped his hand away and he laughed.

"I thought we were going to spend the day together." you told him. His thick eyebrows furrowed at your statement.

"We are... that's why you're here right?" he asked.

"Then why is he here?" you asked him. Your face scrunched up when saying the word, not wanting to say his name in place of him. Calum's face didn't change as he looked at you.

"Because he's my friend, too, y/n. He wanted to hang out so I told him to come over."

"But he always sees you, I never do! I thought we were going to hang out alone, Calum." you told him. You had a pout on your face that Calum laughed at before turning around and going into the fridge, grabbing a couple of beers and some ingredients to make lunch.

"You're being a bit silly, y/n. We can all hang out together. Now can you please keep Michael company in the living room while I make us something to eat? Oh, and give this to Michael." he handed you a beer and you snatched it from his grasp. You sucked your teeth before leaving out of the kitchen and going into the living room.

"Calum told me to give you this." you mumbled, holding the beer in Michaels direction. He took it out of your hand and gave you that same small smile from earlier.

"Thanks." he said. As you walked past him, you glared at him, looking away when he looked up at you. You walked to the other end of the couch and flopped onto it. There was a long moment of silence in the room as you just sat there looking at the wall and he drank his beer. Thoughts of how today was ruined and it was all Michael's fault kept running through your head until he spoke.

"Hey, y/n... can I ask you something?" he asked. You rolled your eyes and kept your gaze on the white wall.

"Sure." you said.

"Why do you hate me?" he asked you. This made you look at the boy with the brightly colored hair in front of you. Your face softened a bit but not fully as you looked at him with eyebrows raised.

"Hate you? I don't hate you."

"I have seen the way you look at me. I'm pretty sure you do." he told you. Your face fully softened as you looked at him. His eyes kept shifting around the room along with his body on the couch. He looked a little uncomfortable and... nervous. All because of you. To say it made you feel like crap is an understatement. You did hate that Michael was around so much when you just wanted to hang out with Calum and that he started the band that takes away so much of your best friend's time, but you didn't hate him. You didn't even dislike him.

"No, I-" you let out a sigh. "I don't hate you, Michael. I just hate when I can't spend time with Calum. He's always with you and I can never hang out with him." you admitted to him.

"So... should I leave?"

"No, stay. Now I'd feel like crap if you left... I guess I'm just going to have to learn to be around you and Calum if I want to hang out with him. I'm sorry for being so mean towards you, I didn't try to make you feel bad." you said. Michael waved you off.

"It's fine. I'm just glad you don't actually hate me." You both shared a laugh as Calum came in.

"You guys are laughing together? What'd I miss?"

"Y/n and I just had a talk, that's all." Michael answered. He smiled at you and you smiled back.

"Well I'm glad. Now I hang out with my two best friends without it being weird. Food's in the kitchen, by the way. There's something special for whoever makes it in there first." You and Michael were already up and running towards the kitchen before Calum even finished his sentence. He laughed at the sight of you two before just smiling and shaking his head as you pushed Michael to get ahead of him.