End Of The World [Luke] (requested)

song preference based on End Of The World by Dirty Heads (his pov)

"She said 'I feel like I'm home at the end of the world with you'."

I watched as she ran from her front door and to my car. She quickly got in and shut the door. She used the sleeves of her sweater to wipe the tears from her face. It made me reach over and wrap my arms around her to hold her tight.

When she called me earlier and asked me to pick her up, I could hear the sadness in her voice. I knew she had been fighting with her mom again so I dropped everything so I could be there for her.

I took my arms from around her and just studied her face as she continued to cry. Her eyes were puffy and she looked so hurt. I hated seeing her like this.

"Should we go to our special place?" I asked her. She wiped her eyes as she nodded her head.

"Yes, please." she said. I kissed her forehead before I pulled off from the front of her house as she put on her seatbelt. It took about thirty minutes to get there from her place, but I didn't care. I wanted to do anything I could to make her feel better.

When we got there I parked the way I always do, facing the edge of the hill so we could see the whole city from inside my car. She didn't want to sit inside the car today, though. As soon as I parked she got out and walked to the front of my car before climbing on top of the hood. I followed her and did the same.

She admired the incredible view in front of us while I kept my eyes on her. She's honestly the most beautiful girl in the world in my eyes. She didn't deserve any of the nasty things her mother said to her sometimes or to feel the way that those words made her feel.

Sometimes I want to just take her away from it all, just tell her to pack her bags and move across the country far away from all of the bullshit she's been dealing with. I find myself almost asking her to a lot, but I never do because I know she'd never agree to it so I just help her the best way that I can. I make sure I'm always there when she needs me to listen, to hug her, or to take her away somewhere. I hope I make her feel better when I do these things because if not then I feel like I've failed as her boyfriend.

"Thank you." she said randomly.

"Hm?" I was confused about what exactly she was thanking me for.

"Thank you. Thank you for always being there when I need you. Thank you for knowing when to listen, when to talk, and what to say. Thank you for holding me when I cry, and thank you for bringing me to this amazing place." she said. I was surprised by her words, so I didn't really say anything.

"You always make me feel better. You make me happy.. and I love coming here with you. It really feels like I belong here, like we belong here. I feel like I'm.. home.. when we're here." she told me. I smiled even though she still hadn't turned to look at me. Knowing that the small things I do for her actually make a difference made me happy. All I've ever wanted to do is see her smile.

"I love you, Luke." she said for the first time since we've gotten together. Feelings of happiness and relief came over me because I felt the same way about her, I always have.

"I love you, too." I told her. She turned her head to look at me for the first time today. Even though her eyes were red and puffy and her face was stained with tears, she was still so beautiful.

I bit my lip as I smiled when I saw how happy she looked. I grabbed her face with both my hands and kissed her soft lips, getting lost in the moment. After the kiss she wrapped her arms around my torso and rested her head on my chest. I wrapped one arm around her and rubbed her back as we sat there in a comfortable silence, admiring the view. There was nowhere else that I'd rather be right now.