Chapter 6

Puck POV

I heard a squeal and then a bunch of laughter and popped my head out into the hallway to see what was going on. A few seconds later I see Grimm, head thrown back with laughter, being carried up the stairs bridal style. The guy carrying him was tall and lean and had dark hair that fell over his eyes. She gently kicked the door open with her foot and he stepped in, but caught my eye for a second. Grimm turned and caught my gaze as well before squealing as he walked her in a plopped her down. He sent a look my way that could only be described as... flirtatious?
I shook myself out of my trance ans my first unclouded thought was, Grimm has a boyfriend? For some reason that got me really fired up. I barged into her room and loudly pushed her door open, cringing slightly as it hit the wall. They both turned their heads to look at me and Grimm looked mortified.
"Puck! You're gonna break my door!" She humped off the bed and ran towards me, pushing me out of her room. I gave her a look saying 'what the hell?' but she either didn't see it or didn't care enough to respond. She finally got me out of the door frame and, with a particularly harsh tone, said, "Go away. We're having private time." before slamming the door in my face. I stepped back, careful not to get caught in the door's momentum but quickly recovered and pressed my ear against the door. "Sorry Gray, he can get a little out of hand." I heard Grimm say. I scoffed and shuffled down the hallway back to my room. I picked up my phone and called up Brent. He didn't pick up so I called the only other school contact I had in my phone, Lacey, the cheerleader I had been making out with for the pas two days. She picked up after two or three rings.

"Hello?"
"Hey its Puck."
"Oh, hi Puck." she said, her voice changing from inquisitive to flirtatious. "So, I've been meaning to ask you something for a while and I didn't want to wait until tomorrow."
"Yes?"
"Do you wanna go out sometime?" there was a slight moment of silence and a faint squeal in the background. I smirked as I realized the effect I still had on girls. She cleared her voice, into the phone this time, and responded. "I'd love to." I smirked again, "So does this mean were official?" She asked excitedly.
"Yes it does." I said and then told her I had to go but that I would see her tomorrow. Just then I heard a calling for dinner and I took off towards the room with food.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I barely made it through dinner, with Grimm and her buddy over there all touchy feely. I didn't like him and the fact that Grimm liked him so much got on my nerves. Not to mention, the old lady cooked regular food just for him! As soon as the two had begun making their way back up the stairs I excused myself and snuck up behind them. Grimm had her head snuggled up against his chest and he had his arms wrapped around her. It was a sickening sight. He turned her to face him and told her he had to go back to his hotel and they each gave each other a big kiss on the cheek before finishing off the whole thing with a giant bear hug. He picked her up and spun her around before putting her back into a hug as she giggled. I felt my face and ears get red with anger, but I still didn't really know why. They told each other they loved each other and the boy, Gray, headed back down the stairs. Realizing a bit too late that I was also on the stairs I jumped when he spoke to me in the hallway. "Hey, Puck right?" I nodded. He looked me up and down and then smirked. He continued walking and muttered something under his breath. 'She's a lucky girl' I walked into Grimm's room and saw her laying on her bed watching something on her computer with her headphones in. I snuck up behind her and snuck my hands down to her sides and tickled her. She squealed and began giggling until turning around to see it was me. She did her best to stop and then turned and glared at me. "I'm mad at you right now." She said plain as day. I raised my eyebrows. "Why?" She looked at me like I had said something extremely offensive. "Why? You totally barged in and interrupted Gray and I's moment! Plus you were glaring and giving him the evil eye all dinner." I rolled my eyes.
"Oh come on, moment?" I scoffed. She glared at me murderously.
"Yes. he's my best friend and he came all the way from Ohio to visit!"
"Best friend, huh? You guys were pretty touchy to just be best friends. Even if you feel that way he's a teen boy and I wouldn't trust him like that." She smirked a little bit.
"Calm down Puck-y-boo. No need to get jealous, he's taken, and I'm not his type anyway." I scoffed.
"Oh please, you're everyone's type." We both tensed up as I said that. "That's not what I meant." I blurted out after a few seconds of awkward silence. She looked relieved yet slightly hurt.
"Okay then. I'm gonna go to bed now. See you in the morning Puck." She slipped into her room, closing the door behind her. I sighed, nice going. I'm such an idiot. I sulked back to my room and mentally prepared myself for the next day of school, then fell asleep listening to the rustles of the trees as my chimpanzee minions swung around and the water fall splashing into the pond, my breathing slowing to match natures beat.