Chapter 2

* next morning*
*Skylar's POV*

I pull into my ex's driveway and get out. I walk up the stairs and knock.

He opens then door and pulls me in. He grabs my face and kisses me.

I pull back and look at him.

" what are you doing Jay?" I ask.

" Breaking up with you was a mistake. I miss you and we have Stacie. I want to get back together with you" he says.
" Okay, but we have to take it slow. I can't get pregnant any time soon. I came because, they are sending me out again today. I'll be back in a few hours to say bye and to let you know what the mission is and how long I'll be gone" I reply.

" What? Skylar! You just got back a couple days ago. " he says.

" I know that Jay but, that's just my job okay. There's nothing I can do about it. Believe me I want to stay and be with you and Stacie but I can't. I'm the only one working while you stay at home with her" I reply.

" yeah, and I gave up my job as a undercover for you. You wanted to work and I gave it up to make you happy. If you don't want to work then just tell me and I'll try and get my job back. " he replies.

" whatever Jay, I don't have time for this we will talk later" I reply and leave. I get in my car and drive to work.

I get out and walk into the building. I go up to the ninth floor and into my bosses office and I'm the last one there.

" where were you?" My boss says.

" I was with my ex " I reply.

" Okay, well there's been a shooting at a college in Vegas. Now, its a seven hour drive so, you guys can meet me at different places to discuss what you find" she replies.

" Why, are we going to Vegas? Why can't under covers in Vegas do this job?" I ask.

" they, are low so they said to send the best under covers we have there. You guys need to get close to these four people. Tamara, you'll be in a dorm with Brooke. You need to keep in eye on her. Jesse your with Alex, Jake you'll be with Josh, and Skylar your with a girl named Kylie. They, are major suspects in the shooting and who ever did it didn't leave any trails. You guys will also have a chance to talk to the ones who were shot. You guys will also have a suitcase filled with your work stuff and then another one will have your clothes and everything else" she replies.

" yeah, okay and what are our fake names?" Tamara ask.

" You guys will have your real names but, you will need fake last names so no one researches you guys or anything" she replies.

" I'm sorry but I can't take that chance. I need a fake name I can't risk anyone finding out about my daughter!" I reply.

" Skylar! I can't give you guys fake names! If you want just tell everyone your name is Skye or whatever" she says.

" you know what screw it! I'll go by my name but, I swear if anything happens to my daughter you will regret it!" I say walking out after, she hands us our fake ID's with different last names and our luggage.

We, get into my black mustang and drive to my ex's house.

We, get out and I let them in.

"Jay!" I yell and he comes downstairs with Stacie.

" who are they?" He asks.

" my partners, I'll be in Vegas for awhile. I'll be back soon hopefully though and we can Skype, text, and Call I promise " I reply with tears threatening to spill.

he grabs me and we have a family hug. I start crying and I take Stacie from Jay.

I hold her close.

" don't go momma" Stacie says.

" I have to baby I'm so sorry. I love you baby girl. Be a good girl for daddy okay?" I reply.

" okay momma" she says and I give her a kiss.

I hand her to Jay and Jay kisses me.

We, leave and drive the seven hour drive to Vegas.

Thoughts?