Chapter 10: The Reason

A/N OK so here is the next chapter. Hope you like it. I really hope you enjoy this next chapter.

Recap: Donny was about to try and revive Hailey when something stopped him.

Donny felt a hand on his should and he turned around to see...
HIS FAMILY!!!

He saw his older brother Jimmy, his mom Sandi, and his father Jim. He had an older sister name Terry, but she was away at college. His mom still had her hand on his shoulder.

Donny was confused. Why had his mother stopped him?

To answer his question, she said, "Donny we need to talk. You have to know why she fainted before you wake her up. If you don't, then she could possibly faint again."

Donny just sat there speechless. He didn't know what to say. He just stared at his family looking for an answer to why his best friend and now girlfriend had fainted for the second time that night. Finally his mom spoke after what felt like an eternity of silence.

"Sweetheart," Mrs. Snell start to say to her husband. "I need to talk to talk to Donny alone. Can you please leave?"

"Of course, honey" Mr. Snell replied. "Come on Jimmy! Let's give these two some privacy."

With that both Mr. Snell and Donny's brother, Jimmy, left the room. Once they were out of earshot, Mrs. Snell walked over to the couch and say down. She motioned Donny to come sit next to her. Donny walked over to his mom and sat down.

"Mom," Donny whispered while looking almost like he was on the verge of tears. "What am I doing wrong?"

"Oh sweetheart," his mother started to say, but was interrupted by her son starting to cry.

Mrs. Snell pulled Donny into loving hug. She just waited until he stopped crying to speak again. After about 10 minutes, Donny stopped crying. He was now looking for an answer to what was going on.

"Donny, you are doing nothing wrong." His mom told him. "It isn't your fault Hailey faint either time tonight."

"But the first time she fainted because I kissed her. That was definitely my fault." Donny told his mom.

"No it wasn't Donny. You had no way of knowing that Hailey was going to faint if you kissed her. She was just caught off guard too." Mrs. Snell told her son.

"Thanks mom for cheering me up. You are the best." Donny replied. "Now why did Hailey faint a second time tonight?"

"Well Donny, what time is it?" His mother asked him.

Donny was confused, but still answered her question. "It is 10:49 right now mom."

His mother just waited for him to realize her reasoning for asking  the time. It took several minutes, but he finally got it. You could tell because his eyes just suddenly got super wide.

"Oh my gosh! Is it really almost 11:00 pm?" Donny asked his mom

"Yes it is Donny." His mom told him.

"Oh no! Oh no!" Donny cried as he worriedly paced back and forth. "What have I done?!"

'Hailey was supposed to be home 3 hours ago. She is going to be in so much trouble. This is all my fault. I should have plucked up the courage to ask her sooner, but I didn't. Now we might not ever be able to see each outside of school again.' Donny thought miserably.

"Donny," his mom said, taking him out of his miserable thoughts. "You have done nothing wrong. I know you are probably thinking you won't be able to see Hailey outside of school ever again, but that isn't going to be the case."

"How do you know it won't happened mom?!" Donny yelled at his mother

Mrs. Snell knew Donny was just very upset, so she blew off that he just yelled at her.

"I know because I already talked to her mom about it." She responded calmly.

"But-but-but how? And when?" Donny stuttered amazed at what his mother just told him.

He was so confused. He was with his mother almost the whole time since Hailey passed out the second time. When did she do it? Then the answer came to him.

"Hailey's phone!" He exclaimed. "You talked to Mrs. Kurt on Hailey's phone when she called because Hailey was supposed to already be home."

"Yes Donny." His mother said confirming his theory.

"So what did she say?" Donny asked his mother curiously.

A/N I know it has been a long time since I last updated, but I have been very busy. We are supposed to start testing soon and I am so dreading it. I am so sorry. We are on spring break right now, so hopefully I will update a couple more times before we go back. Bye guys. I will try and update tomorrow.
(746 words. Yay)