Chapter 11: Nightlife

Yang waited outside Nix door as he changed, the door opening a few moments later. Nix stepped out, and Yang had to admit, he sure cleaned up nice. His hair was brushed casually to the left side, wearing a long sleeved plaid flannel instead of the usual hoodie. The shirt was buttoned up most of the way with the sleeves rolled a little past the elbow. He put on a fresh pair of jeans and wore a pair of black hi tops, his pant legs rolled at the cuff as well. Yang looked him up and down, causing Nix to blush a little.

  "Well well, look at you. You clean up real nice." She gave him a wink and Nix blushed even deeper, a sheepish grin on his face. She found that cute about him. "Alrighty then, lets get going." The two left the dorms and walked out into the cool night. The city lights twinkled in the distance under a sea of stars.

  "So, where are we going exactly?" Nix asked. Yang smiled slyly. "I have somewhere in mind, don't worry." She led him over to a tarp covered object, pulling it back to reveal a yellow motorcycle. She quickly hopped on and started it. The engine roared to life, the bike rumbling under her. Nix was speechless, his mouth hanging open. "This girl is something else."

  Yang tossed him a helmet and patted the spot behind her. "Hop on." Nix took the spot behind her and looked around confused.

  "So, what do I hold onto?"

  Yang took the boys arms and wrapped them around her waist, his cheeks getting hot again as he held her. His heart fluttered from being so close to her, the feel of her body warm under his. Nix wished he could save this feeling forever.

  "Hold on tight!" Yang shouted and the bike took off into the night. Nix yelped at the unexpected takeoff and held a little tighter as they road through the city. The city was a whole other place at night, a massive mixture of different smells and music coming from all directions against a backdrop of lights. Nix watched buildings pass in awe, feeling as if he were in a dream, definitely a change from village life. The two road for a short while before coming to a stop in front of a small restaurant. It didn't seem like much, the small building tucked away among the larger ones. It had a small sign that hung above the double doors that read "Kingfish Tavern". The two disembarked and Yang shook out her hair, her golden locks swishing from side to side.

  "Man she looks pretty when she does that." Nix thought. Yang must had caught him staring and cleared her throat, pulling him from his thoughts.

  "Ready to go? I'm starving."

  "Wha- oh, right. Totally."

  The girl smiled at him again before walking inside. The interior was a lot nicer than Nix had assumed, the outside of the building misleading anyone at a glance. The eatery was dotted with small tables on the main floor, each covered in a white tablecloth. A bar was located against the back wall, well stocked with a wide variety of drinks. The room was softly lit to create mood while light music played in the background. Yang walked over to the bartender confidently, Nix tailing behind her. The bartender looked up from the glass he was cleaning and smiled at her.

  "Yang! How nice to see you here again, its been ages!" The man had a cheery attitude, his voice deep and loud. He had a bushy mustash of brown hair, and short brown hair combed neatly to the side.

  "Hey Leo, good to see you too." She stepped aside to introduce her friend. "Nix, meet Leo, he's the owner." The two shook hands with Leo's grip being deceptively firm. The two took a seat at the bar as the owner went to the kitchen, saying he would prepare a special meal. Yang reached over the bar and grabbed a bottle of some carbonated beverage. She poured a glass of the clear liquid for Nix and herself, the drink bubbling in the small glass. She raised her glass.