Chapter 5

It's been two months. I know literally every single thing about Cam. Her full name is Camilla Elizabeth Griffin.

Today was the worst day of my life.

I want to know why she's in rehab, and she refuses to tell me.

She's my best friend, but she's more stubborn than I am.

But anyways, today I went to see her and she was just sitting there.

I went over to her and we started talking and I told her how I was irritated because I wanted to go to the movies with my buddies but Mom won't let me because she never sees me.

She flipped shit.

I triggered something, obviously.

She flipped the table and I was trying to calm her down, but she just wouldn't.

She started crying at the end, and then they injected her with something and she fell unconscious.

Everyone there knows I care about her. I was really shaken up, and Nurse Adaline told me she would put me down for my hours for the day and sent me home.

Now its four in the morning and I haven't slept.

I hear footsteps downstairs.

I throw the cover off of me and go wandering down there.

Dad is up.

"Why are you up?" he asks.

"Can't sleep." I say.

He sits down on the couch with his coffee and I sit next to him, sitting up with my elbows on my thighs, my hands clasped together.

Mark and I go over the fight and we made up.

He said he shouldn't have slept with Vanessa and I told him it was over with, and apologized for knocking him out.

It's just like normal again, but Vanessa is doing everything she can to get me to go out with her again.

I refuse. I don't need the distraction.

I have two younger siblings. They're both sixteen. My brother, Ryan, and my sister, Ryan's twin, Riley.

"There's a girl." Dad says. "Who is she?"

"There are lots of girls." I mutter.

"I know. You've had over ten girlfriend in the last four months, but ever since you started volunteering, you haven't had one. You never normally care about your girl, Channing." Dad sighs. "Who is she?"

I haven't told anyone about her. The only reason the principal knows is because he keeps in contact.

I guess my Dad is a god place to start. I don't want anyone to know about her. I'm going to make it clear that her name is not leaving our house. My parents and siblings can know about her. That's it.

Mom comes wandering in because whenever Dad leaves the bed, she wakes up and vice versa.

"There's a girl." Dad tells Mom.

She raises her eyebrows and sits down.

"Tell us about her."

I sigh.

"She's a patient at Clark." I mutter.

I glance up at them, expecting them to tell me to give up, but they don't.

I sigh. And explain everything from the day I got there.

"And then today I was talking about how I wanted to go to the moves but I had to go home instead and she flipped out and she flipped over the table and they had to knock her out. I just...I can't get her out of my head. I need to make sure she's okay. I've never been awake all night over a girl." I start shaking my head.