Chapter 13

Fingers are running through my hair when I wake up. I open my eyes to find my Mom staring back at me.

"Hi." She whispers.

I yawn, stretching.

"What time is it?" I mumble.

"One." She says.

"In the afternoon?" I gasp.

She laughs, nodding.

"Oh god, I'm the laziest bitch alive!"

"No you're not." She frowns.

My parents would tell me "I know."

Mom says I'm not.

"You had a long day yesterday." she shrugs, and then pats my thigh.

"We've got loads to do today! I called your school and they said they're giving your work to Channing tomorrow."

I nod slowly and sit up.

"How about you go get dressed? Okay?"

I nod and stand up, stretching.

I hesitate.

I look exactly like my Mom.

I have her hair and eyes and nose but my lips are Dad's. My body is Mom's though.

"What?" she asks.

I shake my head. "I'm gonna call you Mom." I shrug, and then I turn around and walk into the bathroom.

I take a shower and blow dry my hair and dress in black leggings with black skinny jeans over them and a long sleeve shirt and a red winter coat. I shove my feet into my boots and brush my teeth and shove all my shit back in the suitcase and walk out.

Everyone is ready.

Nana and Papa are staying.

"Okay, first things first, cars. Matt, is your car in your name?" Dad asks.

"Yeah. I bitched at Matthew until he transferred it to me." He nods.

"Do you like your car?"

"Yeah."

"Cam, what about you?"

I shrug.

"I'm only seventeen."

"Okay, but do you like your car?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, let's get it a tag then."

<><>

We were out all day we got my truck a new tag and Dad got it detailed and waxed and now tired so now I love it even more. Matt and I both got phones. I have a cracked iPhone 4 before but now I have an iPhone 6s, the rose gold one. I got a clear protective case for it. We both got new clothes and we got our last names changed to Armstrong because that's what our last name is supposed to be.

So now I got new parents, new clothes, an improved truck with new things. He got it an oil change and new wipers and everything it needs or I wanted it now has, we got new phones, and new last names.

My life is so much better. We went out to dinner and now we're driving into Alta. I'm following them. I also got my drivers license updated.

My birth certificate is changed now too.

Everything is perfect.

I'm shocked when we pull up to a house.

It's one story, four bedrooms so we would have spare.