Chapter 1

One Year Later

It's been a year since Justin left me and went on tour, and since then he hasn't contacted me in any way. I knew it was too good to be true. I'm still in the public eye. Jamber shippers are still out there, and I get hate. It's like he's with me, without being with me.

I'm over being depressed. I moved back to California with Ashlee, and we got an apartment. My mom practically kicked me out, so I got my stuff in the middle of the night and flew to Cali. It's been a pretty hectic year.

"I'm leaving for work, I'll see you later." Ashlee told me, walking into my room, giving me a side hug.

"Okay." I replied as she left, pulling my wet hair into a messy bun. I did my makeup, dryed and straightened my hair, pinning a piece to the side. I changed clothes, changing from my pajamas into a pair of white skinny jeans and a pink floral top. I slid on my silver sandals and grabbed my keys, heading for work.

"Goodmorning Amber." Jenna, my boss said as I clocked in.

"Morning." I smiled.

"Oh, Megan is out sick today, so I need you on tables 5, 8, and 3. I would do it but Austin has that leg surgery today and it's gonna take a while." I tied the white apron around my waist and nodded.

"Don't worry Jenna, I've got it. Tell Austin I hope he gets better before his birthday party in a few weeks." I laughed. Austin is her 8 year old son and I babysit him sometimes. Jenna laughed along with me.

"I'll tell him." She told me and then left.

I walked out and went to my first table. Table 4.

"Hi, I'm Amber and I will be your waitress today, what would you like to drink?" I got out my pad and pencil, copying down the drink orders.

I come back a few minutes later with their drinks and take their orders, taking the orders to the kitchen, and go to the next table, which happened to be Megan's. Table 8.

"Hi, I'm Amber and I'll be your waitress today. Your usual waitress is out sick. What can I get you to drink?"

"Water with lemon, please." I copied down the order and went to get it. That voice sounded familiar. But I can't quite put my finger on it. I come back with the drink and the man looks up. I almost drop the water but I stop myself. Maybe he doesn't remember me. But I just said my name a few minutes ago. This wont end well.

"Here you go. Are you ready to order?" I ask.

He gives me the order and I take it to the kitchen, collecting table 4's meal and taking it to them.

I take more orders and soon I'm back at table 8 with his food.

I wonder how Justin's life is...

"Hey, you're Scooter Braun right?" I asked, trying to act excited in a hushed manner.

He smiled, "Yeah, I am."

"How'd the tour go?"

"Pretty good. Justin did really well on his first tour back. He had a girlfriend before the tour but they broke up before he left." So this is what he's telling people.. "But the kid moves on fast. He started seeing Kendall Jenner a few weeks into the tour." I've been single this whole time thinking Justin still loved me when the entire time he's seeing other girls? I smile through the pain I'm feeling and end the conversation, going to the back of the restaurant.

Tears fall down my face involuntary and the next thing I know I'm sitting against the wall crying my eyes out. 20 minutes later I stand up and wipe my eyes dry, calling Jenna and telling her I'm leaving because I got sick. I call Hannah and Mabryn in to work for me and Megan so neither girls have to work double shifts. They aren't supposed to come in until this weekend, but they both agreed. I took orders and gave the people their food until the girls got there, leaving and going to the store where Justin and I first met. I park and just sit there, playing the moment over and over again in my head.