Chapter 10

RECAP:

"Calm down, I'm not proposing, it's a promise ring." He says, smiling as he opens it. I gasp again seeing it's a princess cut pink diamond promise ring. The diamond was in the shape of a heart, and it was perfect. I loved it.

"If you take this ring, then that means you said yes, you'll give me another chance. With this ring, I promise to you, to love you, and only you. To never have eyes for any woman for as long as I live. I promise to you to never hurt you intentionally, that will never be my goal. I promsie to you to love you unconditionally, and to accept any and all of your mistakes. I promise to take care of you. I promise to never lie to you, to tell you the truth and only the truth. I promise to stick by your side through anything you go through, and to help you in any way or form. I promise to marry you one day, and father your children, the boy first, then the girl because I know that's how you want it to happen. I promise to never walk out on you, and I promise I will never, ever, lay a finger on you that harms you in any way. I promise I will love you till I die." He finishes and I wipe a tear from my cheek. I smile and then think of all the things he's done wrong, and then all the things he's done right.

I know my answer. I've known all along.

"Justin..."

---------

"Justin.." I start. I look back at him and see tears in his eyes. He really loves me, and I really love him. But why am I having second thoughts? I know he loves me.. but he's hurt me too. He left me for his tour, and I understand he had to, but he didn't call like he said he would, he just left. But he came back, and tried his best to get me back. I've had some of my best moments with him. I look from him to the ring, then back to him.

"Justin... We've had a roller coaster of a relationship these past few years, and I wouldn't trade it all for anything in the world. You've made me laugh, you gave me some of the best memories anyone could ever give me. You also made me cry, and gave me some of the worst moments of my life. But who hasnt? I've had a rough few years, with my parents divorcing, and my mom going pretty insane, Ashton drama, and you with that girl who had the baby you technically have. You've seen me at my best, and at my worst. You were there when I had no one to turn to, you were there when I didn't want you to be, you were there when I was cramping, when I was going through hearbreak, when the plane crashed and I was hospitalized, and when I was crying after I got all the hate, and when we went on our first date and I had an allergic reaction to Romano cheese because the waiter screwed my order up. You're my bestfriend, and I love you so much, and I couldn't ask for a better person to spend the rest of my life with. I know you aren't proposing, but I know you plan on it one day, and I don't plan on breaking up with you any time soon, even though we aren't technically together, but anyway, I love you to infinity and beyond and I don't think I can ever love anyone as much as I love you. So, to answer the question that is probably eating you alive, yes. My answer, is yes." I finish my little speech and this time I wiped a tear from his cheek, along with wiping one from mine.

I smiled at the boy I loved and watched him smile back at me. I felt complete once again. He took the ring out of the box and slipped it on my left ring finger. I looked at it and smiled at it twinkled in the moonlight. I looked back up at Justin just in time for his lips to smash into mine, moving together in sync. My hands found themselves at his hair, and his found their way down to my waist. His tongue explored my mouth after winning dominance. This kiss.. It was more forceful, like it was more than anticipated, needed. But it was also passionate, more passionate than the others. I didn't want to ever pull away, I wanted to stay like this forever. Stay connected to him for as long as I live. But being the human I am and having to breathe at some point, I pulled away reluctantly. He connected our foreheads together as we both breathed heavily.