Chapter 3

"Justin she doesn't want to see you. You need to leave." I hear Ashlee say. I open my eyes and squint from the light. I roll over and check my phone.

From: Austin M.

Hey, how does tomorrow night sound? I'll be in Cali for a few weeks anyway.

I smile and text him back.

To: Austin M.

Hey! Sounds perfect. What time?

From: Austin M.

8?

To: Austin M.

Okay

I check the other messages, most of which beling to Justin.

From: Justin

Can we please talk?

From: Justin

Amber please talk to me

From: Justin

I love you

From: Justin

I'm sorry

From: Ash Dash

Hey, went out with Lucas. He's the guy I met last night. Be back around 1

To: Ash Dash

Alrighty

I check the time and it's 12:37pm. They'll be back in a few, so I get up to take a shower. I stand under the hot water and rub my shoulders. I'm getting tense, I should probably get an appointment to the spa next week. I wash my body and hair then get out. I wrap my towel around my body and walk to my closet. I was deciding what to wear when a voice scared me.

"I think we were in this position before. Deja Vu huh? I think you could lose the towel." I turn around and see Justin standing exactly the way he was a year ago. Propped against the door frame with his arms crossed and staring me down from head to toe. I roll my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I want to talk to you. Please just let me." he pleads. I roll my eyes again.

"Lemme guess, since this is apparently Deja Vu, you want to go swimming and makeout some more?" I ask sarcastically.

"Well I mean, we could." He tells me.

"Not happening." I sigh. "Let me get dressed first. Then we'll talk." I say. He nods and leaves my room. I squeeze my eyes shut and run my fingers through my wet and tangled hair. I open my eyes and sigh again as I pull my hair in a messy bun and start getting my clothes out. I decide on a pair of light washed pre-ripped jean shorts and a navy blue t shirt with my initials monogrammed in hot pink glitter on the front left breast and on the back it had mine and Ashlee's name on it in hot pink glitter. Ashlee has a shirt like this, but hers is inverse. The shirt is hot pink and the monogram and names on the back is in navy blue glitter. I dry my hair and straighten it, pulling it to a side fishtail braid. I do my makeup naturally and lightly spray perfume around me. I walk through it and grab my phone from the charger and walk out of my room and over to the couch where Justin is sitting on his phone.

"So. You wanted to talk?" I start the conversation. Justin nods and locks his phone, sliding it into his pocket.

"Yeah."

"Okay, I'm all ears." I say. I check the time first and see its 1:12. Ash and that Lucas dude should be back any minute. Before Justin could get a word out, the door knob twists, and when the person outside learns it's locked, they grab for their keys. I assume it's Ash and I start freaking out. She can't know he's here! Ash hates Justin now. I get up and pull Justin into my room, closing and locking the door.