Chapter Twenty One.

Morgan was sitting at the table when Wolf walked in, Iris was a few yards away playing with a little boy who belonged to someone else. She didn't see him approach and he used the opportunity to sneak up behind her and press his lips to the spot on her neck, just below her ear.

She jumped at first but by the time he placed a second kiss nearer to her ear realized who it w'as and relaxed, letting her head fall back against his shoulder.

"You made it back," She said with a sigh of relief.

"I did."

She stood from her chair and turned to embrace him, realizing now how glad she was that he was safe. He dropped a kiss on her shoulder and pulled her around the chair, her body flush against his. He cupped her face in his hand and tipped her head up, kissing her deeply.

His other hand dropped to her waist, sliding beneath the hem of her t-shirt. His calloused hand sliding gently across her soft, silken skin was enough to cause shivers down her spine. She instinctively pressed closer to him.

He pulled away first, reluctantly. She fought him and he had to almost force her away, keeping her body tight against his but her lips a few inches away.

"I have to tell you something," He said softly.

"Tell me," She was breathless and straining for another kiss.

He relented unable to resist and claimed her lips again with his own. About the time she started to melt back into his arms he pulled away again.

"I found him," He said against her lips.

"Who?"She asked.

"The man who shot Iris."

She pulled back, putting space between their bodies. She looked up at him with wide eyes, full of tears.

"You....you found him?"

"I did."

She stood there a minute and then she started to cry, he instantly pulled her into a hug allowing her to bury her face against his chest. He glanced up to see that a few of the other people in the room were openly staring at them.

"Come on, let's go somewhere private."

She gave a feeble nod and he turned leading her down the hall and to his room. Once they were inside he closed the door and continued to hold her.

"Is he dead?" She asked after a minute or two, looking up at him.

"No, I need to find out what he knows."

"Can I see him?" She asked.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea...."

"No, I....I think I want to."

She looked up at him and he knew he couldn't deny her this. He pushed some of her hair back gently from her face.

"If you're sure."

"I am, Jennifer will watch Iris."

"Still no word from Lacy?" He asked.

"No, I called but...."She trailed off.

"Okay, I'm going to lay down for a little while and then we'll go to the warehouse. Okay?"

"Okay, I'll let you rest."

She turned to leave and he caught her elbow, spinning her back into his chest. Tipping her head up by her chin.

"I said lay down....I didn't say I was going to rest."