>Chapter One<

Copyright, 2013.Madilyn Brink. All Rights Reserved

So there I was. Staring out my window and trying not to get drooled on by the sleeping old man next to me.

It was an hour until the plane landed and I couldn't be more happier to start my summer thousands of miles from home with a total stranger. Note the sarcasm.

But wait, you all are probably wondering how I got on this plane to begin with...well lets start with yesterday...

••••

"Paige get out of bed! Now!" Ohh the sound of my mothers voice first thing in the morning...how beautiful.

Grumbling to myself I got up. "I am out of bed!" I yelled back.

"Stop yelling! You're going to wake everyone in the house!" I laughed to myself. Was she serious?

Instead of arguing back I got dressed and finished packing any last minute stuff, which I was not happy about. At all. I grabbed my phone, my bags and headed downstairs.

I was greeted by my moms usual fake smile. "You ready?"

I looked down at my bags, "No, I just came down to say hi."

She rolled her eyes, "Look I know you're upset...but your gonna love it in California."

"Highly doubt it." I muttered.

She sighed. "Just get in the car, you're gonna miss your flight."

"Whatever."

I got in the car and tried to keep all attention away from my mom. I just couldn't believe she's sending me away during the summer. My summer! My last summer before I go to college! Has she no mercy? As she drove I could see her steal glances at me. "There's no reason to be mad at me Paige. I'm only doing what's best for you."

And that's when I get mad.

"What's best for me? How is sending me thousands of miles from home to live with a complete stranger best for me? Huh?" She sighed. "She's not a stranger she's your aunt. And your grandma and I both think it'a a good thing for you. To see her and to get out for a while."

I narrowed my eyes at her, "But why my Summer? And why just me? Jackson could of came!"

"Your aunt specifically wanted you, so I said why not?"

"That's creepy don't you think? What if she tries to kill me? Or send me away to Mexico!?"

She rolled her eyes, "She's not going to send you away to Mexico. She's your aunt for pete sakes not America's Most Wanted."

"Still." I retorted, as I crossed my arms.

"And besides, it'll be fun."

I looked at her like she had two heads. "You're funny mom."

She scowled at me. "Don't push it."

We pulled into Coastline Airport. My anger rose with each step we took.

"Alright here's your passport. Your flights number is 231. Have fun, and don't give your aunt a hard time." She said kissing my forehead.

"We'll see."

She shook her head. "I'll see you in three months." And with that she left.

Great now I'm alone.

"Flight 231 leaves for departure in ten minutes." The speaker announced.

"Crap!" I sprinted to the front desk and asked them where my flight was. The receptionist pointed to a hallway and told me to hurry. I ran down the long hallway and came to a window where you could see all the planes ready for take off. There was a lot of them...