❤️Chapter 5: Puzzles, Puzzles, and More Puzzles❤️

MabelPOV

I took the lead as we made it deeper into Snowdin forest. We had decided to go in the same direction that we had seen the Skelebros go in, since the opposite way was back to the ruins, and I had already discovered that the door was locked.

As we continued into the forest, we had reached an intersection. Great. "Which way should we go?-" I cut off my worrisome brother as i dashed up to the sign in the center, and read it out loud.

"This is a box. You can put an item in, or take one out. The same box will appear later, so dont worry about coming back. Sincerely, a box lover." Dipper scratched his head as he paced around in the snow. "Hmmm.... That still doesnt explain which direction we should go-"

"Hey Dipper! Look at this! A box!" Dipper came up beside  me, as he undid the latch on the box and opened it. An old tough glove laid inside, and i could see Dipper's eyes shine at the sight of the old artifact. He grabbed it and slipped it on, admiring the way it looked on his hand. "This is amazing! This thing is like armor AND a weapon! Ha ha!" My twin brother started to punch the air with his new accessory, and i watched as i saw a new expression form on his face. It was nothing like I've seen before, and it scared me... But it reminded me of when he almost killed Toriel. To be honest, it scared me. The Underground was doing something to my brother, and i wasn't sure what.

I shook away my thoughts as I saw Dipper head forward, though something told me that we should check out what was up ahead before moving forward. "Dipper!" I called, but he didnt answer. I guess I'll come to check it out later, I thought as I dashed to follow my twin.

The next section of the forest was empty, until-

"SO. AS I WAS SAYING ABOUT UNDYNE-" Both of the skeletons' heads turned to both of us, then back towards eachother, then back and forth, picking up speed with each time, until it seemed as if they could go no faster. Then, Papyrus turned back to his brother, and loudly whispered, "SANS!!! OH MY GOD!!! IS THAT... A HUMAN?!?!?!?!?!?"

Sans turned to look at me and Dipper, giving me a wink as he turned back to his little brother. "Uhhhh... Actually, I think that's a rock." I turned to look behind me, and a tiny snowcovered pebble was a few feet away us. How did I miss that? Then, I quickly focused my attention back on the brothers, as Papyrus was about to speak."OH..." He sighed as he looked down, but soon met eyesockets with his older brother once more. "Hey, what's that in front of the rock?"

"OH MY GOD!!! (IS... IS THAT A HUMAN)"
"(Yes)"
"OH MY GOD!!! SANS! I FINALLY DID IT!!! UNDYNE WILL... I'M GONNA... I'LL BE SO... POPULAR!!! POPULAR!!! POPULAR!!!" The tall skeleton cleared as he turned towards the both of us once more, clearing his throat.

"AHEM... HUMAN! YOU SHALL NOT PASS THIS AREA- WAIT- THERE ARE TWO?!?!" Papyrus stopped for a moment as he stared at both of us, soon leaving his own little world as he continued his speech.

"HUMAN! YOU SHALL NOT PASS THIS AREA! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL STOP YOU!!! I WILL THEN CAPTURE YOU! YOU WILL BE DELIVERED TO THE CAPITAL! THEN... THEN!!! I'M NOT SURE WHAT'S NEXT. IN ANY CASE! CONTINUE... ONLY IF YOU DARE!!! NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!!!"

Sans gave a chuckle as turned to you, smiling at the thought of his happy brother. "Well, that went well. Don't sweat it, kid. I'll keep an eyesocket out for ya." Sans gave me a wink as he left, giving us more time to explore the forest on our own. I pushed away the thought of what was back there, and followed my brother along the snowy path.

Before the next section, an amazing cardboard box-fort sat, with a small note attached. Before Dipper could get a hold of the paper, I snatched it up, and read it out loud.