❤Chapter 9: Cooking With A Killer Robot❤

DipperPOV

"My name is-"

"Dr. Alphys? I've heard rumors about you. You're like, the Royal Scientist, right?" Alphys' eyes widened in shock. "H-how did you know? I mean, I'm not THAT popular."

"Didn't you make that colored-tile-puzzle or something? There was like one in Snowdin Forest-"

"Y-yes... That was m-me. I made it for one of Undyne's friends. I know him Undernet, but we aren't really friends."

"Undyne? You mean that fish that wanted to kill me?"

"U-um well, yes... Me and her were close allies until you..." The lizard cleared her throat as she tried not to think about what I did to her. I cold-bloodedly, mercilessly killed the head of the Royal Guard. But to be honest, it wasn't just me. If Chara wasn't by my side, I would've died. Chara gave me that strength, that power. That DETERMINATION. "Do you have a cell phone by chance? We could exchange numbers and-"

"HELLO DARLINGS!"

"Oh no..." Alphys muttered under her breath as a robot smashed through the lab wall, shouting "OOOOOOHHHH YESSS!!!"

A box-like robot made its way onto its "stage," and encountered me in battle. I could already tell this was Mettaton. He was probably going to ask me questions about my relationship status and if I was interested in him. But suprisingly, the answers were simple, like math and history of the Underground. If there was anything I was unsure of, Chara told me the answers in the back of my head. I didn't even notice that Alphys was forming the shapes of the answers behind Mettaton's back. That is, until she blurted out a long answer about  an anime series called "Kissy Kissy Mew Mew," making Mettaton dissapointed in the scientist. "Alphys, Alphys, Alphys. Have you been helping our comntestant this whole time?"

"Actually, no. She hasn't." The robot seemed shocked at my words as I spoke up. "I've learned most of this stuff either back home or while I made my way down here in the Underground. I have to admit, this place has taught me a lot. But I seriously need to get back, and save the world."

"So, you have been the one who thinks he knows everything, huh? Well, let's see if you can answer this final question! I know that Dr. Alphys will surely know the answer!" The boxy robot cleared his throat as he looked at the last of cards, catching a glance at Alphys' worried face before asking: "WHO DOES ALPHYS HAVE A CRUSH ON?"

Alphys broke down in embarrassment as she waited for my answer, not wanting to hear it. I was about to choose no one, until Chara took over my mind and yell "Undyne!!!" Alphys sank to the ground even lower, as the robot widely formed a smile on the screen of his face. I think it's pretty obvious. You named some of your files after her. You doodle her name in the margins of your notes. All you do is daydream about her, and it shows you are terrible at hiding this kind of thing. What will Undyne think when she gets the word?" Mettaton laughed as he rolled away, concluding his program. "None of that was r-really true... Ok? I-I really don't have a crush on anyone but, whatever we say stays between us, a-alright? We need to get you to the King Asgore's castle, r-right? The elevator there is right in MTT lobby. You'd better hurry, before Mettaton comes back!" I started to head out of the lab when Alphys stopped me once more, handing me my cell phone.

"Wait, how did you get that-"

"I upgraded your phone because it was so ancient, that you couldn't even text message on it! But now, you have my number, a-and I put Undernet on there too. I-it's like the number one social media site down here. A-and I already put us as friends so don't worry about that. B-but you should get going. With my help, you can make it to the Core in no time!"

"Thanks, Alphys. I'll try my best." I gave one last nod as I walked back out into the heat of Hotland. And, just as I figured, it was full of puzzles. Seriously, what is up with puzzles and the Underground? I mean, yeah, a challenge every once in a while is nice, but everywhere I go, it seems puzzles are EVERYWHERE. "You seem to like the scientist..." Chara whispered in my head as I continued through Hotland. "What are you talking about? No I don't."

"If you didn't, then why didn't you kill her? You know what Flowey would say. In this world-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. In this world it's kill or be killed. But she had no reason to die yet." Chara sighed as I felt her determination stregthen. "Very well. I aplogize if you do not like what I am about to do but, it is for your own good. This way, it will get you home FASTER."

"Wait.... What do you-" Suddenly, I felt Chara take over me completely, and everything went black.