Chapter 3

Him

Seriously? Someone who I have a interest in- oh, I have a interest in him? No. Yes. No. Yes, don't even try to ignore it Hayden. Ugh, sometimes I hate my inner self but seriously? WTF? Whatever I don't care. I'll get over it. It's not like he'll ever like me...

I ask Sammy, "Why do you like him?"

"I don't know. He's just so attractive and hot and CUTE AND-

"Stop, I've heard enough," I say.

She's totally crazy about him... Ugh. I guess I should be nice and give Brandon to Sammy. She does need someone in her life to change her. I've been trying to make her go on a diet but it wasn't an easy topic to bring up. And plus she has no perseverance. Maybe she'll change, well she did buy those makeup back there in Sephora. She never wears makeup or even has them. So I guess this will be a good change for Sammy, but is this feeling in my heart? Why does it hurt so much thinking about Sammy and Brandon together? Ugh, love is complicated.

We finish our supper and head home. We call a taxi and the taxi driver drives us home. I get off first and say bye to the girls. I walk in the house around 7:45pm. 

I say, "I'm home" as I walk into my gigantic room. My walls are painted white and the floor has no carpet. My room has a grand piano in the right side of my room. My bed is on the left side of the room. My room is very big and it has its own washroom and a walk-in closet. I throw the things I bought on my bed and grab my pyjamas and change in the washroom. I take off my makeup and put my hair in a bun. I put on my slippers that I wear in the house and walk towards the living room. My dad is sitting on the couch reading the newspaper while my mom is baking some cupcakes. My parents greet me as I walk in the living room. My mom finishes up what she's doing and walks in the living room while our maid, Mimi cleans up the kitchen. My dad starts saying, 

"Hayden, you are starting to grow up. You have more responsibilities now that your older. You need to learn more about the 'outside world' so we signed you up for Sea Cadets".

Um, this was not what I expected. Hm, what's a cadet? I thought they were going to tell me that they are going to leave for Hawaii or something.

My dad continues, "And plus we're going on vacation to Hawaii".

Oh the irony... My parents always goes on a vacation around fall to Hawaii for 2 months. 

I say, "Okay, what's cadets?"

My mom explains, "Its military for teens".

"Um, is this dangerous?"

"No, honey. We wouldn't sign you up for something that could harm you".

"Do I have to-"

"Yes, and end of conversation. We are heading for Hawaii tomorrow at dawn, so we should say our goodbyes now".

I hug both my parents and say, "Have fun". 

I kiss them on their cheeks and ask, "Do I have to do cadets-"

"Yes, and now go to sleep," my mom argues.

"Mom, it's only 8:15", I say with disbelief.

She laughs, "A girl needs her beauty sleep, now go and sleep before 11pm. Okay?"

I reply, "Okay".

I say my final goodbyes and go to my room. I grab my iPhone and start calling Alice. She picks up saying,

A-"Hey girl? What's up"

H-"My parents are going to Hawaii for two months!"

A-"Wow, when?

H-"Tomorrow"

A-"Wow, that's fast "

H-"I know, and they didn't even tell me until today!"

A-"Well, at least you get the whole house to your self"

H-"Well, not really. Mimi watches me like a hawk! She reports to my parents every move I make."

A-"Aww, that sucks"

H-"I know. Anyways, I think I like someone."

A-"What?! Who?"

H-"A guy in my school, but Sammy likes him too"

A-"How do you know?"

H-"She told me and Beth(any) but I didn't tell them"

A-"Ooooh, a love triangle!!"

H-"Shut up, I'm serious."

A-"Fine, fine. Details, tell me the details!!"

H-"Well she's serious about him. She even bought makeup!!"

A-"Wow, that b*tch trying to look pretty for a boy".

H-"I know right. I'm just scared that he might like her too. My heart aches when I think of them together."

A-"Aww, you really like him"

H-"Yeah, yeah. Shut up. I just don't know what to do."

A-"Well, he's not even Sam's yet. You can still have him"

H-"Aww thanks Alice"

A-"No problem. Go for him b*tch!"

H-"Thanks. Anyways, do you know what a cadet is?"

A-"Yeah, isn't that military for kids?"

H-"Yeah, I have to join it. My parents are forcing me."

A-"Really?"

H-"Yeah, so you should join with me"

A-"Well, actually, I might"

H-"Really?"

A-"Yeah. I'm going to ask my parents about it"

H-"Okay, love ya, bye"

A-"TTYL"

I hang up on the call and lie down on my bed. I really hope she can join cadets too. I don't want to be a loner. I know for a fact that Sam and Beth won't want to join cadets so Alice is my last hope. I stand up and go to the washroom and brush my teeth then floss. I wash face and dry it with a towel. I put a moisturizer on and walk out to my bed and grab the things I bought to my closet(walk-in). I hang up my clothes and walk to my washroom with the new makeup that I bought earlier. I sort them out into makeup organizers then I walk to my bed and lie down and hope that I will see him again tomorrow.