cars

this is one of my least favorite tales and princesses but suprisingly I'm actually excited to write this one lol

and legitirony guessed the fairy tale and novocaineftcal guessed the characters!!!!!

--------------

Luke was 7 when he first heard it.

he was playing in the living room with the toy cars the boy next door had given him when the 3 men that took care of him walked in and rushed towards him.

Michael crouched down the Luke's level and plucked the cars right from Luke's tiny hands. when luke protested Michael just shushed him.

"luke, you mustn't go near cars"

------

he was 10 when he heard it again.

he was sitting on the couch flipping through the TV channels and the movie 'transformers' was playing, so Luke stopped and began watching. around an hour later Michael, Ashton, and Alex returned home to see Luke fully into the movie. with a gasp Ashton ran over and shut the TV off.

"luke, you mustn't go near cars"

-------

Luke was 14 when they finally told him.

"you used to live in a city a couple of hours away, but then your two older brothers got into a car crash. it was a terrible one, they both died later on from it. your parents were so distraught they didn't want you anywhere near cars, so they moved you from the city to here, there's not alot of cars down here. your mum specifically requested you be kept away from cars, so that's why we've always been so wierd about that. we want to keep you safe Luke, i hope you understand"

and Luke nodded because he did understand, he didn't want to end up like his brothers. he's lived a fine life without cars, he doesn't need to endanger that now.

so Luke knew he must never go near cars

-----------

Luke was 16 when it was all over

it was his birthday, and the boy next door, named Jack, offered to take him out for a birthday dinner. Luke accepted of course and around 3 he walked next door into Jack's house to hang out before dinners.

they were finishing their end game of fifa when suddenly Luke's lack of knowing how to drive was the subject of conversation.

"so you seriously don't know how to drive, like never began learning?" Luke nodded and sipped his fruit punch, he didn't see what the big deal is.

"plenty of people don't know how to drive"

"yeah, but most have tried, you've never even step foot in a car. come on"

"where are we going?"

"to my car, I'll teach you how to drive" Luke was hesitant, but agreed none the less. it's not like he's gonna be driving across town, just down the street and back. he'll be fine.