irl

ashley jolted awake, a cold sweat on her skin. she turned her head, expecting to see melanie, though she was met with the wall. that's weird. ashley thought. i never sleep on the wall side. she turned the other way, but melanie wasn't there.

then she came a realization.

melanie didn't exist in this world. she only existed in her dreamscape. just a figment of her imagination that was there at night when she slept.

every night the dream was different, though all the dreams had melanie.

a dream where they had several friends on kik, one where they were in a mental hospital, and many others. this night's dream was that their last lives were just a story written by some girl named tanner.

ashley didn't mind that melanie was only there at night. she loved melanie with all her heart. it didn't matter if she was real or not.

sometimes the lines between reality and fantasy blurred and ashley forgot melanie didn't exist.

she sometimes accidentally brings melanie up in a conversation and has to quickly cover it up. if anyone knew about these dreams, they'd think she was insane. they'd think her lover is strange.

that's why she lives by one rule: don't fucking tell them anything.

(a/n: don't you guys just love me for this)