Chapter 1

Watching my step, I advanced into the alley, careful not to tread on broken bottles. Maintaining a  steady stride as I proceeded tactility, city life is hard, it drives you to establish a self security system. To be alert to danger, to never let a little notion slip past your vision, no matter what it is. Whether its a small child, a plastic bag blowing in the wind, or an enemy trying to gain the upper hand in surprise. It doesn't matter, you must see it all, if not then why bother living? Its not like your going to survive anyways.

My eyes darted everywhere not missing a thing. My ears straining to hear commotion to my sides, around corners, and directly behind me. Yes that's it, the sound of jeans rubbing against each other so faintly as a person prowls, wishing not to be heard. Playing along I continuing my stealthy pace, as if I hadn't heard a sound, until they were crouching directly behind me.

Laughter rang through my throat, activating the internal alarm in his gut. The whoosh from his hand being brought up could scarcely be heard over my giggling, and quickly jumped to the side, whirling around as I did so. Raising my hand in return, I lashed the side of his neck with the metacarpi bones in my hand. Snap kicking his balls, while forming a fist with my other hand hooking the sensitive spot on his jaw line, rattling his doltish brain. He wouldn't even remember the circumstances when he woke up.

I was not born into this life, but I sure as hell live it.

I stood in the alley considering the different actions I could have used instead. When the most exhilarating pain crashed into my jawline. I felt weak and vulnerable, yet in that moment  I had the most absurd feeling that I peering down a blurring tunnel. My skull ached shamelessly, and the pit of my stomach was being pulled, churned, or at least that's what it felt like in my dim mind state. I was being beat senselessly, wishing as hard as I could that there was a wall between my new nemesis and I. Stretching my hand far in front of my face, as his fist threw themselves at my stomach, a nice emotion filled my fuzzy thought process, my hand began to cool, feeling drained I waited for another hit.

(sometime later)

I opened my blue eyes, tilting my head to peered at the glass wall, glistening with a thinning layer of frost. I sat up quickly, which only resulted in sharp pains being etched into my temples and a wave of nausea. Muck from the hard ground stained my jeans and my hands, but I was too fascinated to care. I reached out to touch the frozen surface, its smooth texture glided under my gritty hand, leaving streaks behind on the icy glass surface. Thick sheet of crystals mystified me, overflowing my senses, but nothing made sense.

This isn't the first strange thing that's happened to me, but rather just one of the numerous events that I'm sure doesn't happen to normal people. I know I'm strange, I've always known, and it's always irked me. But it must have been a huge factor my parents couldn't handle. Though honestly, who could expect their new born child to be a monstrous freak. It was hard enough being a mutant to the world, but imagine how complicated it would have been to raise an oddity. Not that it mattered, because at least I know where I stand, instead of being stuck in a grey cloud of confusion.

Standing up gracelessly in a stumbling motion I grasped a handful of long blond hair and threw it behind my shoulder, flaunting it's exotic hues that intertwined to the tips of my waist length hair. I didn't know much, I was un-educated but my attacks have grown more frequent, and my strangeness has had the same diffusion rate, what I did know was that I had to get out of this damn city. I glanced at the sky skeptically, it was overcast with thick dull clouds that would illuminate into a neon valley.

Shoving my way through the crowd I forced myself to walk to the nearest bus station, pulling out my pockets for spare change I gathered enough money for a ticket that would lead me near a small town that lays in the outskirts of the city.

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

Editing is needed, let me know where errors are so i may correct them!

Vote if you are AWESOME!!!

 Comment if it's worth it!