Chapter 4 ~no where to go~

Sydan

Now it was time for my mouth to hang open. Freak? He's an oddity too? What about his mom or his dad? I had so many questions. The just started popping out of my mouth, "freak? Your a freak too? What about your parents? Are you seriously like me?" I could feel the hope worm its way up my heart.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. And sort of."

I dropped my gaze. The warm bubbles of hope bursting with disappointment. " Your not like me?"

"Let me explain,"  He waved his hands in soothing gesture. " I'm a "freak" as you put it too, my whole family is, but we're different. My mother has the eye, father can sense emotions and duplicate small items, and my sister and I are Pretenders 'shifting animals', then there's you. I'm not sure what you are, not yet anyways." His eyes drifted across the empty room. "First things first."

"Whats that?"

"It's time to unpack." I stared at him, they still wanted me to live here? "Well you don't have anywhere else to go now do you?" I swallowed. "Thought not, besides it's dangerous for us out there. It's a wonder that you survived out there."

"Why so?"

"Haven't you ever had someone, anyone attack you randomly? Don't you ever feel watched, when your completely alone?" I thought back to my life in the city, over the years I had numerous fights, but I never was truly alone.

"I suppose so."

"You suppose so? That's it?"

I shrugged my shoulders, carefully choosing away to phrase the words." Everywhere you go in the city is shadowed my gangs which are directly ruled by bigger gangs. It's like a feudal system, you have the "top dogs" or the "lords" as some would call them, then underneath them they divide their territory amongst the vassals. Which in turns owns protects that section with their life."

"So your attempting to say that you had always just assumed that you had walked into a territory that was...unfriendly?" Andy's tone held disbelief as he raised one golden eyebrow. "Either way, now that you live here the Center will protect you."

"The Center? What's that?" I questioned curiously flipping my bangs out of my aqua eyes.

"The Center is a place for people like us, 'freaks' as you put it, but its really more like a ministry of 'Unusuals', that's they're term. 'Unusuals' could be gifted, like us, unusual, or a different race. We all just sort of form together."

"Oh" Was all I could mumble, I was shocked. There were more people out there, I wasn't alone.

"My dad works there part time, so if you ever, like, want to go there just let us know." He said, scratching the back of his head as he backed out of the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

Annakate

"I'm home!" It was actually worth getting up around 4am just to wake your family. I smiled delightedly, banging my fist on the wall.

Closing my eyes I waited for my gift to take over, my lips quirked into a small smile. Slowly my eyes flickered open, scanning the house. One of my parents rolled over, most likely ignoring the grace of my presence. Tilting my head, I allowed my gaze to trace to my brother's room, he was pacing around his bed impatiently. And just as I was about to release my heat censored powers I glanced out of the corner of my eyes to recoil at the bright power radiating off of the body laying in the guest room.

Reopening my eyes I raced up the stairs.

My socks sliding to the spare room only to find thin girl sleeping. Cocking my head with curiosity I wondered how it was possible to sleep through the racket I had made.

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

Sydan

Shaking walls woke me in a startling loud notion, but Something in my gut told me to hold still, and so I remained there, breathing evenly. NOW! Voiced a thought in the back of my skull, silently leaping from the bed, I tip toed behind the door as fast as I could. I swiped the frustrating sweat from my forehead, desperately wishing a mannequin would appear in the bed and take my place.

Footsteps grew louder as the ran up the stairs and toward my room.

It was a girl, she had auburn hair like Stella, but looked more like Walker. It came back to me. walker saying 'I have twins' and Stella gushing, 'I can't wait for you to meet my daughter'.

The girl spun around, her face filled with awe. Smiling she stuck out her hand, "Your a clever one."

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

How awesome is this? I updated twice in one day (even if they are short) lol i only had time to write because im sick ;(

guess I should get sick more often? skip some more school? jk :D