Chapter 8 (The Talking Monster and the Ravaging Eyes)

"Alright!" I yelled. Bryn quickly clamped a hand firmly over my mouth.

She hissed, "What are you doing? I don't want attention and you don't want to be noticed remember?"

Oh, oops, I thought, when I saw a dark head with a piercing gaze bobbing up and down through the crowd, heading in our direction.

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

Simon

"I didn't know princesses sucked at hiding."

Her head inclined slightly, "We fail at it epically." She countered flatly. "Why don't we strike a deal."

This hooked my attention, "What kind of deal would that be, Princess?"

"You must quit calling me princess, and treat me respectfully, I must do the same. And to top it off, we start introductions now, as if we never met before."

"That's quiet interesting my dear, you'll be the first to know if I oblige." I stalked off, shaking my head. Was she serious, or was this another game? Lord knows I want introductions, in fact, I need them. After all, if I'm to notice the center, I must have a name.

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

Sydan

"I can't believe you just said that! I mean Simon's not a bad ass...but he's no football jock either! I can't believe it!"

"Yes, you've said that," I responded numbly, I can't believe he didn't answer me back. And I can't believe that this girl can talk so much, we just reached the Spanish room and she's still going 'Oh my gosh!' or 'I can't believe!' , no offense, but this girls talking abilities were unnerving.

"Oh my goodness! We have a sub! Do you know what that means?"

I shrugged, "that our teacher isn't here?"

"We get a whole period to talk or do whatever! That's because its the first day! Oh my gosh did I tell you....."

Not to sound completely rude, but I'm not understanding Bryn's 'talk fast' speech, instead I just nod at the right times, smile, and look her in the eye. And then the amazing bell saves me! Almighty, junkie, not very well cared for bell, you have saved my day!

Blinking I step out from the shadow, tilting my to get a better view.

"I'm Simon, I have never called you princess, and you don't know me." The giant shadow causer said. His dark eyes glittered, I'm not sure which pair of eyes were better, Leo's golden straw soaked in honey, or these dark predatory eyes that when he looked you in the eye you feel like its only you two and nothing else exists.

"Well said, I'm Sydan Heart, and I am the complete opposite of a princess."

"Oh yeah, how so?"

"In ways you don't even want to know." I stated, spinning on my heals, heading for Bryn's locker. I felt a hand on my arm, and those hands whipped me around, my eyes were very close to his.

"Someday, I'll know all your secrets, and don't you forget."

I strutted for Bryn's locker, eager to get away from those ravaging eyes. At this point I longed to see Andy's large friendly eyes, filled with warmth. I hardly know him and yet he's done nothing but help me.

"Sydan! How can you do this? You've already passed me three times, isn't that enough?" Continuing to run, I allowed myself a famous smirk. We were running the mile, not to mention, I have an diction to running, which was very useful when I lived on the streets. I was on my last three laps, time to actually work, sprinting full board is exhilarating! It gives you this amazing feeling, and when you stop your legs turn into a mixture of jello and butter.

"Time : 6:48" I shrugged, it's not like I tried to run fast, I could probably maintain half the time if I was actually running for my life.

My cheeks were slightly flushed, but I wasn't out of breath, I sighed and went to stand next to the opening of the door, I was very much aware of everything around me, but my main attention went out to Simon. Who was standing at the door, with his jaw slightly ajar, see its a side effect I have on people around me.

"That was-"

I cut him off, "what do you need?"

"I need to talk to coach, I had an engagement prior to this, thats why I'm late to class."

"Are you serious!" I yelped.

"About what? Because you know I'm always serious about you."

 I smacked him on the shoulder. This was going to be a long class.

"I thought this was walking class!" Bryn complained as she came jogging up. "How did you do that anyways? You ran so fast! Not to mention passing me up a couple hundred times." She grumbled.

Simon cleared his throat.

"Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't even see you!" She clasped a hand over her mouth, but Simon just burst out laughing and I had to join in.

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

"How was your first day of school children?" That was the very first thing that flew out of Stella's mouth. "I hope it was good! Oh and I have dinner ready! And, Dear, just go help yourself. Its your favorite Annakate!"

We raced to the dinning room piling our plates high with cheesy potatoes, salad and pork.

The twins told me about they're day, and asked me questions about mine. While Anthony was at a constant apology for my giving them a name to call me, he just doesn't realize that I fixed that problem.

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

So IM SOOOOO PROUD OF ANYONE WHO HAS EVER READ< VOTED<COMMENTED!!!! Because my story is finally going some where!...im not sure what it will be at later,,,, but right now its at.....fantasy: 225  Humor: 229 .....which is an amazing thing for me to go through! ...so Thanks to all your help, you lovely readers!

~Brielle~

PS: again its short, but I'm just trying to get chapters out there with my limited time...  XD