Chapter 12 -Phil

One month later.

I'm finally going back to school. After waking up alone in the hospital after the 'incident', I'm going back. After going to a mental hospital for two weeks or so, I'm going back to hell.

To be honest, I want to see Dan, even though it hurts to be near him. I know he doesn't like me, but still. I can't help how my heart starts beating really fast every time I see him.

I'm falling for him, but I can't stand the prat, as harsh as that may sound. He's part of the popular group, the preps. I'm just a nobody.

I remember him, though, coming into the bathroom after I slit my wrists. I remember him holding me before everything went black. He must've been the one who'd taken me to the hospital, or called me an ambulance.

And that fact has made me fall for him even more. He's just... beautiful, and sometimes I wonder if he's just blending in with them, with the preps, to avoid becoming someone like me that no one cares about. That everyone bullies.

And the other times I wonder if he likes hurting people, although I do highly doubt that, because he was nice to me that day at the lake, all until Greg showed up. To his 'friends', Dan is like a perfect little toy to play with. A puppet, if you will. They know that he's afraid of being himself and getting bullied for it. Deep down, they know. And they use it to their advantage. They force him to do things he doesn't want to do.

I was already at the school by now, and now I could see Dan. To thank him for saving my life, if he did anyway.

I walked inside and up to my locker, grabbing my books out and walking to my first class.

-

Dan wasn't in class. It worried me.

I was walking to my next class when I ran into Greg. Oh god, no. I slowly looked up at him to see a smirk played on his lips.

"Hey loser, where are you going?" He spat at me. I gulped and looked down.

"W- where's Dan?" I asked, ignoring his question. Greg snorted and I saw him rolling his eyes.

"Dead, probably," Greg chuckled, pulling out his phone and probably scrolling through MySpace or something.

Fear washed over me. "W- what do you mean 'dead'?" I asked shakily. Dan's not dead. He couldn't be.

"You could say he 'jumped' off the bridge, or maybe he 'fell'," Greg said nonchalantly.

No.

No no no no no. Dan can't be. He... no.

"What did you do?!" I yelled, tears pricking in the corners of my eyes. Dan wouldn't kill himself. He... NO! He wouldn't!

"Doesn't matter. He's gone now. Deal with it. He was a fag and deserved it."

And with that, Greg pushed past me and walked off, leaving me alone in the hallway as the bell rang, sobbing my eyes out.

Dan wouldn't kill himself. But...

Would he?

-

Hey guys! Here's another short chapter but whatever. I hope you liked this. Byeee!

- Sarah

Yo motherfuckers , Im back from the dead. I just wanted to thank you all for the amount of reads and votes its really lovely <3! I'm also writing a new story called Halyn road, it pretty jazzy, that one is a hell of a lot more sad so beware, also more triggering unfortunately, but the chapters are longer  (going to be) and I know I say that a lot but this time I mean it! So go read it! https://www.wattpad.com/story/58984457-halyn-road-phan-au its a lot more different as it is completely fiction but aye I think its pretty unique IDK. <3 -Sempai