Chapter 12: Things Were Getting Worse

A few weeks had passed and Jades fight was tonight. Over the past few weeks Naomi's been getting worse. The nightmares were worse, the drinking. Everything. I'm not sure what me or Jade will be able to do beside hide the alcohol.

Jade was getting warmed up for her fight. Brendan usually came for every fight. He hadn't gotten a hold of any of us, so we didn't know if he was gonna make it. Everyone was here, Naomi, Connor, Ronda. We got a trusted baby sitter for Kian. He was still too young to go to the actual arenas.

------

Jade won from a rear naked choke. She was doing so well. Naomi left before the final round, said Kian was sick. Jade walked out of the cage and jumped in my arms. Every fight she won, it was like her first pro fight that she won. It was always such a big accomplishment for her. Me, Ronda, and Conor all waited for her to finish her post fight press conference before we left.

She walked out with the belt and some water for all of us. "There's my champ!" Ronda spoke up, giving my little sister a hug. I'm very glad to see that Jade is finally happy. "Come on champ, we gotta celebrate at home" Conor wrapped his arm around her and Ronda. "Sounds like a plan" Jade replied and we piled into the car.

We finally made it home after a long drive. We all walked in and I immediately noticed Brendan sitting on the couch with his head down and then I turned my head to see Naomi sitting next to him. She looked up at me. The look on her face.

------

I ran up to Naomi and she gave me a blank sad look on her face. "Naomi?? Wake up! We gotta go!" I yelled and she didn't respond. We were in the middle of an ambush. She was blacked out. I picked her up and threw her over my shoulders and ran to the unit as we waited for the humvees. "Naomi? What happened? We're you hit?" I searched her body for wounds. Nothing. She was clean. "He's dead, Tommy" She spoke just loud enough for me to hear. "What?" I asked, I looked around at the rest of our guys. I noticed Joel wasn't here. "Naomi-" I held her face as she cut me off. "He's dead, Tommy!" She yelled and the tears fell from her face. All I could do was hold her and wipe her tears away.

------

"Tommy!" I heard Naomi yell. She was standing and holding my face. I looked around the room and Jade was crying and Brendan was holding her. Naomi had tears in her eyes. "Pops gone" She spoke softly. I looked at her. I tensed up. My mind was telling me to be angry. My heart was telling me to leave and calm down. I didn't know what to do. I was shocked. I felt numb.

Maybe if I would have tried to make a relationship with him he'd still be here right? I don't even know what happened. All I know is that he is gone. He's gone and he's never coming back. Ma is gone. Pops gone. Me, Brendan, and Jade. We don't have anything left. No mom, no dad, no family.

I walked outside to the backyard and just sat down. I couldn't speak, I couldn't think straight. I just sat there and zoned myself out. My mind was going a million miles an hour. All the memories, everything I've ever gone through. All the different emotions turned to anger and I held it in. I've been holding it in for so long. I layed my head in my hands and felt my blood begin to boil.