Chapter 15: She Cried and He Drank

I stared at him, the sleep helped my own intoxication wear off a little but I was still spinning. He was drunk now, and so was i. Jade was shaking and crying and I knew everything was getting to be too much, pops death, tommy's drinking, she couldn't handle this right now.

"Look, my kid is sleeping, can you stop yelling?" I spoke to Tommy, walking to Jade and putting my arm around her, she could smell the alcohol on me, but she seemed to be more comfortable. I rubbed her back as Tommy faced me, not knowing what to say. His eyes were red and puffy, I pulled the bottle from his hand but he pulled it back roughly. "Tom" I spoke calmly, sitting Jade down on the couch and walking towards him, "give me the bottle" he looked me in my eyes and took a big swig.

"Why, so you can drink it?" He laughed and then he shook his head, taking another drink. "She just started freakin' out I didn't touch her"

"I know-"

"SO WHY ARE YOU COMING AT ME LIKE I FUCKING HIT HER OR SOMETHIN!?" His voice rose and he was becoming sloppy. "You know, Nae, don't come in here, acting like I'm the drunk when you were the one laying on the floor not knowing what to do a couple hours ago" jades head shot up from her hands and she looked at me.

"Your father is-" I started, but tommy's jaw stiffened and his eyes closed.

"Don't you fucking say that" he spoke, his voice cold and raspy "shut the fuck up" he turned around to walk away.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Jade stood up, walking to Tommy and grabbing the bottle. His eyes flashed angrily but he didn't once threaten to hurt her.

"Jade give it back" she shook her head. "JADE I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS TOMMY, YOU FUCKING ALCOHOLIC, YOU'RE JUST LIKE POP" he stared at Jade, shaking his head.

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND SHIT JADE, YOU DON'T PAY ATTENTION, DO YOU NOT GET IT, HES GONE. HES HEAD, WE AIN'T EVER GONNA SEE HIM AGAIN." Jades face went white, the realization hit her hard.

"Tommy, your son is sleepin upstairs, CAN YOU STOP FUCKING YELLING" I held out my pals in front  of me, trying to reason with him "YOU'RE NOT MAKING THIS SITUATION ANY BETTER BY DRINKING"

He shook his head, "LOOK AT YOU NAOMI, YOU'RE A DUCKING ALCOHOLIC!" He was doing to say more, but all of us stopped when Kian walked into the room.

"What's wrong?" He mumbled tiredly, rubbing his eyes. Tommy's hard face softened and he crouched down to hold his son. Jade walked in front of him quickly, picking him up and taking him upstairs without saying a word. "But I wanna see daddy" I could hear him speak over her shoulder, Jade didn't turn back. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at the father of my child, his eyes burdened so greatly, he sat on the couch, put his head in his hands and for the first time in a very, very long time, Tommy wept openly. My eyes softened and my facial muscles relaxed, I could only imagine how he was hurting, the emotions running through his mind. He pulled his head up, his face wet but he wasn't crying anymore, he was angry. I crouched in front of him and he looked at me for a second before looking away and clenching his jaw.

"Leave" was all he could say, and I felt my heart break.

"Tommy-"

"Get the fuck outta here, Naomi." he spoke dryly, I stood up, leaned down to kiss the top of his head, he wouldn't talk to me, he was closed off and angry again and there was nothing I could do about it. It hurt a lot, knowing he didn't want me around but then I understood, I didn't talk for weeks after Joels death, but Tommy still talked to me, and could even tell what I was going to say by the look on my face and responded accordingly, but this... This was different, he shut me out and I didn't know if he was gonna let me or anyone else back in.

I left him alone that night, walking slowly upstairs to jades room where Kian slept. Brendan was In the other room by himself and Kian slept cuddled into Jade. She popped her head up, and moved the blanket to invite me in.

"You're not sleeping by yourself, I know you've been crying" I slid in next to her, with my son in the middle, who turned around and cuddled into me. "Jade gave me a smile before resting her head again. I stayed awake the whole night.