Chapter 3

Author's Note: This chapter was originally written in 2016. I re-wrote it to add more detail, but no major plot points will change.

-------

I couldn't believe it. No. No. No! What if Molly and Jack were dead!? I never considered them my real parents, but I still cared for them. I took a deep breath; they would be okay. The monsters were after me because I'm a demigod, they would have to reason to go after them. Right now, I needed to get to Camp Half-Blood, just like the plan had always been. I just had to wait for that help to come.

Just then, I heard a knock at the door. I assumed that must be the help that my parents said would come, but didn't want to be too careful. I walked over to the door and opened it a crack, just enough to see who was out there. Standing outside my door was a satyr. I took a sigh of relief and opened the door wider. When I got a better look, to my surprise, he looked to be only 12 years old. He had dark black hair, olive skin, and brown eyes. He wore a neutral expression on his face like he was very concentrated on his job.

"Uh... hi," I stuttered, a bit taken aback.

"Hello. Are you..," he looked at a piece of paper, "Bianca Smith?"

"That would be me. What can I do for you?" I asked nonchalantly, as I remembered that satyrs often help guide demigods to Camp Half-Blood.

"You're not surprised to see a satyr?"

"Sorry... should I be?"

"Uh... I guess not. Anyway, my name is Chris. As I said, I am a satyr and I was supposed to find you and bring you to Camp Half-Blood."

"Alright, awesome, let's go! But aren't you a little young to be guiding me?"

He laughed. "Well I love the enthusiasm, but I'm actually 24, satyrs physically age half as fast as humans."

"24?! Oh yeah... I guess I forgot that they aged half as fast."

He looked at me in confusion. "How would you even know that? Didn't you just learn about this world?"

"Oh yeah... um... well... we better get going!" I dashed out the door.

He looked at me like he knew something was off about me. To be fair, I had been kind of obvious. I had to try not to blow my cover for now.

I went back inside and filled a bag with a few things I would need. After about 10 minutes, we walked downstairs. "So how are we getting there?" I asked.

Chris pointed to a car, "We get in the car, drive to the airport and fly to Long Island."

"Alright. But wait can you drive?" I asked worriedly.

He laughed. "Yeah, I can drive. I mean, I am 24."

"Oh sorry, I forgot," I mumbled.

"No worries, let's just get going!"

Chris got in the car and gestured for me to get in the passenger seat. I jumped in, excited to start my journey to find my past life.