Chapter 1

Author's Note: This chapter was originally written in 2016. I re-wrote it to add more detail, but no major plot points will change.

------

Bianca's POV

Many people have wondered about the concept of past lives. Some people have said they can remember one, but nothing had ever been proven. I was one of those people who believed in past lives. I knew for a fact they were real because I remembered mine. To most people, this all sounded crazy, but I really believed I had a past life at some point. I remembered so many details and it seemed so real, I couldn't have made that all up. I had a younger brother, Nico Di Angelo. I was a demigod, my mom was mortal, and my dad was the Greek god Hades. Not long after I found out I was a demigod, I joined the Hunters of Artemis.

Later, I went on a quest and ended up sacrificing myself to save my friends. In the afterlife, I chose rebirth to be able to get to the Isles of the Blessed. That means, just like my last life, I had to something important with this life or I couldn't get there. The problem was, I wasn't supposed to remember. In The Underworld, they made sure that they erased your memories when you choose rebirth. Yet, for some reason, I still remembered.

More than once, I had tried telling my mom and dad this, but they just brushed me off, not even listening to the story. To be honest, I would think I was crazy too, so I couldn't blame them. Of course, I knew it was real, nothing could change that. But because of all this, I had to go to therapy. I had to go to a therapist once a week, every Thursday, and I was supposed to tell them all about my past life. In reality, they just wanted to try to convince me I was making up this past life. That was why I never let my therapist get to me. I just said what she wanted to hear.

I was also supposed to talk to my therapist about my lack of friends, though that doesn't happen either. I had never gotten along with kids my age, they were all so immature. When you had already lived a crazy life as I did as Bianca Di Angelo, all those trivial matters seem meaningless. I was sure my parents were worried about me since I had no friends and am also spouting what they consider "crazy nonsense." But, to be honest, I didn't care. I loved my parents, but they didn't feel like my real parents, my mom from my last life did.

In this life, I was 14 and trapped in Hawaii. Hawaii was an awesome place to live but I needed to get to Long Island, New York. Camp Half-Blood and my friends were there. Someday I'd get there, I'd always tell myself, someday. I had tried to contact Artemis, but I was a mere mortal. I had tried to see if I was a demigod, but all signs pointed to no. Thankfully, mortals could join the hunt. If I managed to do something important with this life, I could partly rejoin the world I was from.

Sadly, I was not Bianca Di Angelo anymore. I was Bianca Smith, daughter of Molly and Jack Smith. Sometimes this life felt so surreal. I was from 1940; my mom was Maria and my father was Hades. That all felt right, this life just felt wrong. Though sometimes just thinking about my last life made me sad, I wanted to find everyone I lost. I would never change my decision of sacrificing myself for them, it was what I had to do. Though I really missed them, especially my little brother, Nico. I would find Nico one day, I had to. But for now, I had to walk downstairs, because it was almost time for school.

"Hey, Bianca. I have good news," my mother exclaimed.

"What?" I asked, bored, picking at my cereal.

She exchanged looks with my dad and said, "This summer, we're taking a vacation to the place that you have always wanted to visit!"

I looked up and gasped, "Wait... Long Island?"

"Yes," my mom smiled, "We want to make our daughter happy."

I smiled, more excited than I had ever been. Though, part of me felt bad. I do care about Molly and Jack, but after this vacation, I didn't plan on coming back.