You Can't Kill Love

Mom," I begged, "Please don't make me go to the party! Please, please, please, pleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!"

"Melody, honey," She cups my face, "you are going to that party weather you like it or not. You need to sociallize more often, you know, get more friends than the...other 2."

"I hate parties though mom!" I run my hands through my hair, " And I won't know any one there and-"

"ENOUGH," She raises her voice, "Your going. End of story. "

I look up at her brown eyes. She is serious. Poop.

I'm going to be bored the whole time. I have NO idea who the people who are throwing the party is. The party is for my mom's friend's 2 year old.

"And Honey," She says, " There is going to be boys your age there..."

"So?"

"You should get aquainted with them," She says cheerily.

"Your gonna have to with one of them really soon..."She mutters to herself.

'' What?" I ask confused. What does she mean? She didn't say what I think she said... I must be going crazy.

She shakes her head and smiles, " Nothing dear. Nothing."

I stalk to my room and slam the door knowing the conversation is over. I throw myself onto my pink bed and hug my Teddy Bear, Fluffers to my chest.

Fluffers has been with me since I've been born. He is my favorite toy ever. And NO I'm NOT to old for stuffed bears even though I'm 17.

"Melody," Mom yells from outside my door, "start to get dressed we leave in 30 minutes."

"No." I shout.

"Melody..." My mother warned.

"Okay," I huff.

I walk as slow as I can towards my closet, hoping my mom would leave if I'm not done in the 30 minutes. I grab a pair of dark denim short shorts, a pink tube top, and my converse.

I comb out my longish blonde hair and swipe on a little bit of black mascara and my favorite lipgloss on.

"You ready?" Mom asks, peeking her head in the door.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I grab a book and trudge towards the front door.

"Sweety," she says with a soothing voice, " I promise your going to have fun!"

Yeah...I highly doubt that.