Chapter 13

I turn and I see the cars headlights getting closer and closer, A screeching sound rings my ears, I smell burnt rubber, and A familar cologne, but I don't pay much attention to it, since I'm about to die and all.

"MELODY!!!" I hear Mark scream.

I can't move, I freeze.

I close my eyes, puppy in hand, waiting, not able to run or move or even breathe.

I feel something hit my side hard throwing me and My body to the sidewalk.

I open my eyes and am surprised I'm not looking down on myself right now as a ghost.

Instead, I see a furious Eli laying on top of me I look and I holding the puppy in my arms still.

How can it be asleep?!?!

"What the fuck were you thinking?" Eli asks me through gritted teeth.

I shrug.

"You could have been killed," He says.

"I know," is all I can say.

"...WAS THAT WHAT YOU WERE AIMING FOR?!?!" He yells on my face making my puppy whimper.

I shake my head.

"Good, God Melody...Do you know how scared I was?" he sighs, "I was just minding my own goddamn busines, I heard Someone scream your name, and I see you facing a car like a deer in head lights!"

"I-I'm sorry," I whisper.

"It's okay...Just don't do it again okay?" He stands and helps me up.

"I can't imagine life without you, and I don't want too," He murmurs to himself.

"What?" I ask.

"N-nothing," he looks at me and smiles hugging my towards him.

"Oh my God I'm so sor-Melody?!"

No.

Oh, God no not him please no no no.

I look up and I see Xavier, smiling a cruel little sneer at me.

"What are you doing here?" He asks me.

"I can ask you the same," Says Eli to him, " We weren't supposed to hang out till tomorrow."

"Oh I thought you said today," he shrugs, "How do you know Melody?"

My hands start to shake.

Everything comes flying back at me like a slap in the face.

all the arguments, the fighting. All the beating...

"My Brother," Eli answers him, " Melody, Are you okay? You look pale, and you are shaking."

I swallow and nod.

"Well, Melody," Xavier opens his arms, "Don't I get a hug? I mean, We date for almost a year, you leave me for a different state, and now, a few years later...your here?"

I step away from Eli's arm's and I slowly walk over to Xavier and I let him wrap around me. I just stand there with my arms

at my side.

"Watch out for your brother Eli, she is a heartbreaker," He jokes'

I tense up when he nuzzles his face in my hair, "I missed you. I really did. I fall for you and then you leave me. That's not very nice, Mel," he whispers in my ear.He kisses my neck. I shiver.I can feel him smile.

I pull away from him and shakily walk over to Mark, Eli. Sam and Evan are with them.

"What's going on?" Evan asks rubbing his eyes, "What are you doing here Eli?"