chapter four

Thus conscience makes cowards of us all- William Shakespeare hamlet

Chapter four:

Orlando's p.o.v

"Zaria, wait." I tried to call after her but she was already gone. I looked up at tom and scowled. "How could she do this to me?"

"How could she do this to me" tom said.

I ignored his comment and left the building. There was no point in following her so I went back to my hotel. I forgot to tell Paul that I had left but I was to outraged at the moment to care.

I opened the door to my room and slammed it shut behind me. Sitting angrily on my bed I tried to remember anything that she had done that would have given away the fact that she was also dating tom behind my back. Nothing came to mind.

I fell asleep thinking about how much I missed her now that she was gone. How stupid I was. If only I would have talked to her instead of yelling. She might be here beside me in this bed. Or maybe not. Maybe she would be with tom. He was a much better man then I was. Handsome and so very polite. I just wasn't good enough for Zaria. Which was why she had been with tom instead of me. dammit Orlando its all your fault.
.
.
.

I woke up at two from a startling nightmare. I grasped the sheets of my bed stressfully and breathed out deeply. Zaria's screams still filled my head and I shuttered. In my dream I was in a large dark building, I heard Zaria scream my name and beg for help from every direction. I didn't know which way to run in.

I didn't dare go back to sleep so I went out for a walk. The warm air wrapped around my body and I felt a little more relaxed.

It was just a nightmare, I told myself. Zaria is fine.

Toms p.o.v

I went back to her hotel room after she left. I needed to talk with her. If Orlando hadn't yelled at her we could of worked things out. Let her explain it. When I got to her room I was filled with disappointment, she wasn't there.

So I waited there for her, laying in her bed, And staring at her ceiling. I fell asleep at some point and woke up with a strange emptiness.

I sat up and surveyed the room. She hadn't returned? It was nearly eight where could she be. I got out of her bed and looked for things that might tell me whether she had stopped by. Nothing.

I didn't have a change of clothes, those were at my hotel room so I headed over to the pool in the suit that I had gone to the club and slept in. If she's not here she must be there.

I stumbled into peter in the parking lot and asked him if he had seen Zaria.

"No. She was supposed to be here at seven but she never showed up. You were also supposed to be here at seven." Peter said.

"Look, I'm really sorry about that. I promise I'll make it up to you" I ran back to my car, fear spreading through me. Where was she? I hoped she was okay. I attempted to call Orlando but he didn't pick up.

I went back to the club and asked to speak to the manager. I was brought into an office where a dark skinned man with long greasy black hair sat at a desk. "How may I help you sir?"

"There was this girl last night that ran out around midnight I need to know where she went. Can I please view your video surveillance camera footage?"

He stared at me for a moment before responding "look man, I'm sorry she dumped you but..."

"Its not like that" I said," sorry, I should have let you finish."