chapter nine

"Shakespeare quote"
-
Chapter nine:

in her dream she was back in her cold, damp cell. she lay motionless staring at the same wall that she had stared at for the past six months, taking in every detail. the stained walls seamed to glow immensely, it gave her a headache but she kept staring, memorizing each and every dent, stain, and crack. the pressure in her head began to increase as she continued focusing on the wall. She breathes heavily through her nose. In the corner on the right side of the room, there was a camera. She didn't know, but they watched her. Every move she made every breath she took, they watched.

Something hit the back of her head and she flinched. It was the other wall. It pushed her forward towards the other wall. She put her hand out in front of her and screamed in panic. She got close enough to the other wall that her arms were bent and her nose almost touched.

She was now sandwiched between the two walls. 
She pushed as hard as she could to get the walls to separate. It didn't work and she cried out in agony. She felt the pressure of the walls pressing against her chest and back. With one swift movement they closed together the rest of the way.

She screamed and jolted awake. Sweat rolled down her face and she was blinded by the whiteness of the room. A nurse came in and checked her pulse.

She squirmed around in the covers trying to get rid of the uneasy feeling in her chest. The nurse kicked up the morphine and left her there. Her eyes did a panorama of the room but she barely registered what was going on or where she was. With the feeling gone and her breath back to normal she tried getting off the bed. but as soon as everything went from very blurry, to very dark. she couldn't see anything, which made her panic. she shot her body back down onto the bed and grasped at her face. "no, no, no" she murmured, her head circling around on the pillow. the door to her room burst open and hit the wall. 

it was her mother. the doctor came in after her and tried to tell her to slow down so that she wouldn't frighted her, but she didn't listen. her mother cradled her head in her arms.  she grabbed at her mothers arms, the rest of her body still flailing around.  " it's going to be okay, zaria, do you hear me? do you know who i am?"

she was now crying, " mom, mom. i hear you. i can't see you. mom, it hurts" her mother was crying as well, resting her cheek on the top of zarias head. 

"what hurts dear?" 

she began to choke on her own spit and then threw up every where. " everything, mom, help". the doctors pushed her mother away to try and clean up the mess.

"no, stop. she needs me." her mother called out to her but the nurses pushed her farther, out into the hallway. they closed the door behind them and she knelt down in front of the door and cried into her hands. after she had stopped crying she decided to call tom. 

"tom, this is Becky. i just thought i would call and tell you that shes awake."

"Becky, that's great! i'll come right away. are you okay?" he sounded  out of breath, like he had been running. 

"yes, yeah, i'm fine. they just kicked me out of her room. oh tom, i didn't wan't to let her go, but they pulled me away from her. " she cried into the phone. " tom, she needed me. i could of helped her but they..." she didn't finish her sentence, instead she cried.

"hey Becky, i'll be there as soon as i can, hold on. it will be okay." he hung up the phone. 

she placed the phone back in her pocket and placed her ear against the door to zarias room, trying to hear what ever the doctors were saying to each other.  she sighed and threw her hands up in the air. it was pointless and she was angry. angry that they took her away from her, angry at the people who did this to her, and angry at herself for not being there for her after her father had died.