Chapter -9

Louis' [pov]

"Nialler babe, come here." I said. Today the social worker was coming over to check up on the boys to see if they were doing fine. I wasn't nervous or anything even though I knew that she could take them away from me if anything went wrong. I love them to death and I have taken care of them just perfectly. I keep them happy, fed and clothed, and I think I am a pretty great daddy to them. I love them and I know they love me to death. I picked Niall up and lay him on the changing table. His nappy was wet and needed to be changed, so that I could put his clothes on. After getting Niall changed, he let him run along and play for a while until the social worker got here. I went down stairs to check on Liam and Harry, who were already dressed. Liam put his clothes on all by himself and then he helped me with Harry. He's always such a great helper. I went into the living room and saw Liam holding Harry on his lap, while they watched cartoons. I cooed and quickly pull my phone out to snap a picture. I giggled when I looked at it and slipped my phone back into my pocket. Soon I heard the doorbell ring and I went to go get it. I smiled when I saw that it was the social worker. I greeted her and let her come inside.

"This is a nice home you have here. So roomy." She complimented.

"Thank you, why don't you have a seat, while I go get the others?" I say. She nods and goes over to sit next to Liam and Harry, looking at Harry curiously. I went back upstairs to get Niall and Zayn, who were probably in the room. I walked into Zayn's room and saw them playing with toys and such. "C'mon guys we have visitors." I say. Niall brightens up and runs over to me.

"Ooh Niall wants to meet them!" He exclaimed excitedly. He always did love meeting new people. I nodded and picked him up. He cheered and clapped his hands, as I carried him down stairs. Zayn was following us closely behind grumpily. Him on the other side, didn't like meeting new people, but he knows how I expect him to act around them. We got back into the living room and she smiled. I sat down next to Liam, and pulled Niall into my lap. Zayn sat closely by me, almost trying to disappear into my body. I petted his head. "Hi hi!" Niall said cheerfully. She smiled and waved at Niall.

"Hello there cutie, my names' Mrs. Calder, what's yours?" She asked.

"Me Niall!" He giggled. She laughed and nodded, before looking at me.

"So, as you can see, I'm a social worker and I was sent here to check up on-" She pulled out four sheets of paper, that had writing on it. "Niall, Zayn, Liam and Harry." She said, looking at me. I nodded. "So, I'm gonna ask you a few questions, yeah?"

"Ok, ask me anything." I tell her. She nods.

"How well do you get along with the kids?"

"I get along very with them. They love me and I love them very much." I said, smiling. She hummed and wrote something down on the clipboard.

"How often do you take them out?"

"About like three or four times a week." I told her. She nodded.

"Ok, and also how often do you take them in for check ups?"

"I do that every six months, doctor's recommendations, unless they need a check up in advance." I told her. She jotted something down on her clipboard, then looked back up at me. "Are they eating like they should? Three meals a day, with snacks in between?"

"Yes, but some eat more than others."

"Like who?"

"Niall, he has fast metabolism, so he gets hungry a lot." I said, rubbing Niall's tummy. Mrs. Calder smiled and looked Niall.

"Is that true Niall?" She asked, tickling his stomach. Niall giggled and nodded his head shyly at her. She laughed, and reached out, pinching his cheeks. "Aren't you just a cute little one?" She cooed. Niall was blushing madly and I smiled. Zayn was pouting beside me with his arms crossed. I'm guessing it was because of how well Niall was getting along with Mrs. Calder. I massaged his little ears to calm him down. He relaxed a little, but still had a pout on his face. Mrs. Calder stayed a bit longer, asking me numerous questions about the boys. I answered them without a problem. After about thirty minutes, Mrs. Calder was finally ready to leave.