Little Defiances

Their kisses were chaste and hungry, not at all loving nor filled with care. Every touch existing with nothing short of a dire need for the thrill. Taking part in such a forbidden affair somehow sent bolts of pure adrenaline coursing through their already hardened veins. Not to mention, there was just something about the idea of defying Snoke in a way so immoral that made it all the more exciting. This was what the true meaning behind the Dark Side was to them both, taking what they wanted, when they wanted, and not showing a care in the world for its repercussions. The Dark Side was pleasure. The Dark Side was power.

However once the occurrence ended, everything was back to being uniform, from Hux sliding methodically out of bed, to him quickly screwing on his cap as if nothing had ever even happened. The caress of soft silk sheets gliding across their bare skin or even the sensation of Kylo's hot breath against his neck were reduced to transparent ghosts hidden deep inside Hux's already complex mind. Attachments were not to be made, both he and Kylo knew that. Sentiment was a sickness that could be easily manipulated and used to tear down even the greatest of rulers.

At the reminder, Hux tilted his head ever so slightly so that his chin nearly rested upon his shoulder. Behind him, Ren was hunched over the side of the bed, pulling on a pair of tar coloured boots. Somewhere deep within him, he ached to crawl back in that bed and curl up beside the knight, but Hux knew the idea was foolish. Kylo was meant to be a distraction and nothing more. He straightened, pulled on his great coat, then fled without a farewell, unaware of Kylo's devilish claws inching their way through his mind, flicking through each and every unwanted thought and feeling swimming inside the General's head.

Minutes after his depart, a knock came sounding from Kylo's door. Part of him expected it to be Hux, returning after a quick reconsideration. Kylo couldn't help but be unopposed to the idea, though he immediately came to regret the notion. He shook his head to free himself from the thought, then sprung up to answer whomever it was that was awaiting him outside.

"My Lord, the Supreme Leader has requested your attendance outside in the training quarters." Informed Phasma as soon as the large metal doors slid apart to reveal the chrome covered trooper. Kylo nodded in response, his mind too busy to properly address the captain. Not to mention, it was also preoccupied enough not to remember to throw on his robes or even run a hand through his heavily disheveled hair. Without it, the amplitude of bruises and bites were clearly outlined across his creamy skin, offering no hint at discretion. Yet, Kylo felt no shame in front of Phasma. What he did in his spare time was certainly not of her concern.

Phasma replied to his gesture with a respectful salute. Even if she had noticed the marks, which she more than likely did, she made no note of it. The Captain turned on her heels and marched off down the hall, boots clicking. Kylo then sighed and retreated back into his quarters to get dressed. The thought of training came with a nauseating pounding within his head as the exhaustion from his evening spent with Hux was still clinging tightly to his bones.

As soon as he stepped out into the sweltering heat, Kylo instantly came to despise his thick, black robes that were much better suited for the frigid extremes of Star Killer Base. "Look who arrived at the party. Try and keep up, will you?" sneered none other than Alema Rar from behind him. Kylo refused to acknowledge her as he continued moving forward to where Phasma stood atop an arching pedestal, high above the trainees. Her hidden, yet all seeing, eyes traveled across each and every recruit stationed below. Kylo positioned himself beside her, gazing down to observe the stormtroopers who were all deeply engaged in their own personal conditioning.

"Snoke wishes for you to get to know the surroundings. I know you know the protocol, Ren. He has granted you eight hours," Phasma stated hastily, coming as a shock to Kylo and within seconds, his vision was blinded, turning everything around him into a pit of pure blackness. Then through his mask, came the overwhelming stench of a chemical concoction that would soon lower him deep into unconsciousness. This was definitely not the training he expected to be taking part in that day, but he knew better than to fight off Snoke's orders, so he complied with ease.