I know

"What the Hell happened out there, Ren? You know Snoke won't be happy that you intervened." Hux demanded after aggressively grabbing a handful of the Lord's robes and pulling him aside. "As if he's not already displeased enough," he groaned with exasperation, using his free hand to pinch the bridge of his nose . "I truly believe he'll have your head before the week even comes to a close."

With a scowl, Kylo tore Hux from his grip, though even with the sudden action, Hux hardly batted an eyelash, infuriating Kylo even more than already so. "I fear I'm becoming soft, General," he finally admitted grimly. "I should have left her there, but I didn't."

Already prepared to spit back a retort, Hux stopped himself. Their bickering would get them no where, he was sure. Despite himself, the general let out an irritable sigh and instead offered up advice, "When the Supreme Leader asks, tell him that her rescue was for the sake of the Order, not her safekeeping." Kylo nodded. Hux could visibly see the change in his features  as the Knight seemed to think through the plan within his own mind. "That should ensure your own amnesty.  Hers however, I cannot guarantee." He added, shifting his head in the direction of a barely conscious and bloody Alema Rar.

Kylo blinked and within those milliseconds, Hux just barely caught a glimpse of something he'd never have expected from the Knight -sympathy. Hux's muddy green eyes grew round with worry as he gingerly allowed his hand rest atop Kylo's shoulder. "My God, Ren. Killing Solo must have really gotten under your skin if he still has you questioning your allegiances even from beyond the grave."

The Knight was taken aback by the sudden gentleness, his attention quickly shooting to the General's soft touch. From it, a warmth began to flutter up through Kylo's shoulder, spreading to his chest and becoming the closest thing to comfort his broken soul had experienced in what felt like a lifetime. Kylo's memories flashed back to a recollection that was unknown to him, yet somewhere he knew it was undoubtedly his own. An image of white. A feeling of embrace, understanding. "I know." said a voice within his head. His voice. His mind protested. No. There would be no attachments formed between the two. He wouldn't allow it. He was stronger than to let himself succumb to petty human emotions. Thus, a sudden realization slipped into his thoughts. This, all of it, was Hux's fault. It had to be. Who else could be put to blame?

His face contorted, every trace of sympathy gone and replaced with outrage, Kylo knew that the threat of sentiment settling within his heart had to be eliminated. "How dare you speak that name to me and accuse me of weakness, you insignificant cockroach," Kylo snarled through gritted teeth, drawing out the last words as if acid was leaking from his mouth. At that moment, Hux let out a sharp gasp as he slowly began to descend up into the air. As instinct kicked in, Hux's arms thrashed wildly in the air. A moment later, his movements soon gave way to fingers clawing desperately at his throat, begging for air. "Han Solo means nothing to me." Neither do you.

With that, Kylo released his mental choke hold on the General, causing him to slam to the cold, hard floor below, coughing and sputtering out his foulest curses. Blood had begun to trickle down his lip from the impact, tainting his pale skin with a steady stream of crimson. Still recovering from the shock, Hux proceeded to take in as many deep breathes as he could muster, savouring the sensation of an open airway, though irritated by the reeking scent of iron lingering beneath. With nostrils flaring in wrath, he stared up at the man standing above him. "Clearly, he does. Considering you still throw a tantrum every time someone such as mutters his name," Hux managed to daringly gasp. "You're just a scared child, Ren." he spat. Anger still pulsating violently within him, Kylo took a challenging step forward but Hux only frowned, "Kill me, do whatever you feel is necessary. It won't change the fact that the Light is still strong within you and you can't fight it."