District 3~Reaping(Eris's POV)

¨I hate to break it to ya Nova, but I'm scared out of my mind.¨ I say to my best friend since forever.
¨Good.¨She says simply.
¨What?!¨
¨If you weren't scared you wouldn't be human.¨ She smiles at me, like it's no big deal. That smile kills me. She shouldn't be smiling on a day like this. This is reaping day, but somehow she managed to brighten my day.
¨Anyway, we should probably get ready for the reaping.¨ She says to me, but still stares out of the window and out into our district area.
¨Yeah. I filled up some water buckets , you can take one if you would like.¨
¨Of course you did.¨ She turns and smirks at me. ¨Now get out so I can get ready!!¨

        I laugh and walk out back to my own room at the stinking orphanage. I open a rickety door and pour the steel bucket of water over myself. I bathe and then quickly get ready, putting on the nicest shirt I have. I then walk out to see that Nova is ready. She is absolutely stunning and I stand there like an idiot staring at her. She was wearing a black and pink dress that had a belt around her waist. Her hair was pulled up on the top of her head and her feet were covered by black combat boots. They were the ones she always wore. She smiled at me.
¨What are you looking at?¨
¨Nothing!¨ I chuckle.
        She smile at me and takes off for the door. I know what this means already. I take off after her and we race towards the pavilion where the reapings will be held in just a few minutes.

                                                                             ***10 minutes later***

                I stand in the 15 year old boys section ,and look at Nova. She grins and mouths the words of our escort that we know all to well. She looks at me and grins even wider ,and I return the grin with a thumbs up. The escort Magenta Mallon sticks her hand into the girls bowl. She selects a small sheet of paper. I reassure myself that it won't be Nova, then she speaks up. 

¨And the girl who will be representing District 3 in the 175th Annual Hunger Games is.... Nova Waldron!¨ She shouts. I turn towards Nova and fight back tears. No, not like this. Nova walks toward the podium and two peacekeepers stand at her sides. Magenta takes her hand and smiles.
¨How old are you my dear?¨
¨I just turned 15...¨ She sighs. The escort lets go of her hand and walks over to the boys bowl. She picks a name and walks to the microphone once again. I hold my breath ,and look knowingly at Nova. Then she says it.
¨The boy representing District 3 in the 175th Annual Hunger Games is... Eris Winfrey!¨
            I walk to the stage, flanked by peacekeepers. When I reach the microphone she asks for my age, and I tell her, even though she obviously already knew.
¨15.¨

¨Very well then! The two tributes representing District 3 in the 175th Annual Hunger Games are Nova Waldron and Eris Winfrey!¨ She shouts and then we disappear into the Justice Building.