District 8~Reapings(Comet's POV)

¨Comet Hamlin!¨ Zane yells from outside of my window. I sit up and rub my eyes groggily.
¨What are you doing here so early, Zane!!!¨ I yell at him jokingly. He smiles at me as I open the window. This was forbidden and we both knew it. The mayor's daughter does not date lesser men. Still, I loved him and he loved me. Not just for my money.
¨You look nice.¨ I say as I examine him. He was wearing his only button up shirt tucked into his nicest pants. His shoes were my favorites of his, black dress shoes. His hair was brushed up in a quiff ,and it was gelled perfectly. He smelled of fresh mint.
¨Not as nice as you will, when your ready.¨ He smiles at me, cheekily and kisses my cheek.
¨Whatever, Goldie.¨ I smile and walk into my bathroom, leaving him behind. I take a quick warm shower and wash my hair. I put on my black and orange dress and tall black boots. My hair is natually curly ,so I just brush it and leave it down. I step out of the bathroom and look at Zane. He grins at me.
¨You look fantastic!¨ He exclaims.
¨Thank you,¨ I feel my cheek tint slightly red. ¨Now meet me outside.¨
¨Yes ma'am.¨ He says and climbs out of the window.
                                                                              ***10 minutes later***
¨What took you so long, Com?¨ Zane grins at me.
¨My dad was late making breakfast.¨ I smile back at him, despite what we were about to attend. After the attendance woman pricks my finger I bid farewell to Zane ,and  I walk to the 15 year old girls section. My father makes a long speech about the rebellions ,and then he gives the microphone to Victoriana Velvet, our escort. She welcomes us ,and then grabs a name from the girls bowl. She places the microphone in the stand and then opens the slip of paper. I hold my breath. 
¨Comet Hamlin!¨ She calls out and I jump. I don't let any emotions show and keep my face blank of expression. I am ushered by guards up the stage. I glance fearfully at my father ,and he just shakes his head.
"Well it appears we have the mayors 15 year old daughter." She grins and claps her hands. She reaches into the boys bowl ,and picks out a name.
"Zane Goldsmith." I see Zane emerge from the crowd ,and that's when I fall on the floor and pass out.