District 7~Reaping(Sprite's POV)

¨Sprite!!!¨ My mother screams at me. 

¨FAY! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!!!!¨ My father yells at my older sister. I run downstairs just in time to see Fay laying on the ground beneath my dad, covering her face. My dad has a knife in his hand.
¨Don't touch her!¨ Mom yells at him from the doorway to the kitchen. Dad then turns on mom, her face falls. He raises the knife towards her.

¨What did you say?!?!¨ He says in a drunken rage. She shivers and backs further into the kitchen.
¨Don't walk away from me!¨ He yells again. He jabs the knife towards her, and she jumps back instinctively.
¨Go get help Sprite!!!¨ She screams. I do. I run from the house ,and run down the street screaming for someone to help. I run and run and run until I finally find a peacekeeper.
¨Help! HeLP! HELP!!!!¨ I scream at him, shaking his arm. He shakes me off ,but still follows me as I guide him back to my house. When, we reach the house I throw open the door. What I see almost makes me faint. My mother is lying in the kitchen doorway blood-covered and lifeless. My sister, Fay is laying on the living room floor with a knife in her chest. My father is standing in between them and the door. He is clutching another blood-covered knife. He launches himself at me , and I sidestep him. I was just in time and his knife merely cuts the skin on my forearm. The peacekeeper shoots him dead in 2 seconds flat. I fall to the ground and sob as the peacekeeper calls the mayor.

                                                                    ***2 hours later***

             I sigh as I stand in the 13 year old girls pen. The breeze chills my bare legs , as my brown dress does not cover them. My arm is still bleeding a bit, because Mayor Lockhart had no time to fix it before he dragged me into his office. The Mayor finishes giving a speech I didn' t realize he was giving then our escort Yasleen Yellow grabs a name from the girls bowl. She walks back to the microphone and announces who it is that will die in the games.
¨The female tribute participating in this installment of the 175th Annual Hunger Games will be.... Sprite Atkins!¨ She yells and I emerge from the crowd, tears already falling down my face. I reach the stage and she takes my arm.
¨How old are you sweetie?¨
¨13.¨ I sneer.
¨Fantastic!¨ She grins and walks back to the boys bowl. She reaches the microphone and announces who will be my partner in death these games.
¨The male tribute participating in this installment of the games will be... Oz Keller!¨ A big, buff boy emerges from the crowd. He looks tough, but I'm not afraid. Maybe District 7 does have a chance at winning this year. Yasleen Yellow announces us and we are escorted into the large justice building.