*6*

*Jace's POV*

I paced my room that evening, trying to clear my head and rid it of all the thoughts of tonight's potential events. It wasn't working. In fact, it only made things harder.

What was Shane thinking?

I looked at my clock and it was about ten minutes to seven. With a sigh and
frustrated groan, I dragged myself to my closet. I hadn't even made up my mind yet when Gwen's strong voice rang out through the house.

"Jason!"

I rolled my eyes. She knew I hated being called by my full name. Mom usually called me that when she was irritated with me, so I gave myself the
nickname Jace. Hardly anyone knew I was Jason. I wanted to ignore her but another yell came from her, "Shane's on his way up!"

I gasped. What? I didn't hear the bell ring! Did he knock? Most likely. I grumbled under my breath and flew out of my closet. By the time I opened
my door, Shane reached my room with a giant smile on his face.

It fell as soon as he realized I wasn't ready.

"Hey, Jace... you're, um..." he motioned at my body. "Not getting ready? You're still in sweats."

"I know. I was trying to see that if I didn't get ready, you wouldn't take me to your place..."

He stepped closer to me, staring me down. "My beautiful darling, if you
don't put on a casual shirt and jeans, I'll strip and dress you myself."

I stepped even closer, closing the distance and taking his challenge. "My dear Anteros, that isn't a threat. That's a favor."

I felt his hands at my waist. "I'd rather just do the stripping part," he whispered seductively.

"Well, get to it," I whispered back. He gripped my shirt and pulled it up over my head.

"How long has it been since I told you how amazing your body was?" He asked, digging his thumbs in the band of my jeans.

"Too long," I responded, my body growing hot as he shoved my pants down. He didn't touch my boxers, making me raise an eyebrow. "One more left."

'Nah, I think you need that one."

I felt like my body was going to explode.

"Get dressed," he said in my ear, making me shiver.

"You, Anteros, are a tease."

"I know you're obsessed with Greek gods, but I don't know the first thing about them."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "They're hot. Most of them, at least."

"Wow, Jace. You're gayer than I am." He pecked my forehead and reiterated his order for me to get ready.

"You're picking Nolan up?" I asked.

Shane sighed. "He's downstairs."

My eyes bulged. "You're shitting me, right? We're over here messing around and he's downstairs?"

"Jace, I'm breaking up with him tonight. I have to. I have to," he emphasized.

I stared at him. "Okay, but right now- at this moment, you're still together, so just..." I shook my head. "I gotta throw some clothes on."

Shane nodded, hurt that I was pushing him away. "Alright, hurry." He gave me one last look - a longing one - before giving me my privacy.

*

I took a deep breath as I descended the very last stair, stepping foot into the living room where Nolan and Shane were seated right next to each other.