Bonus Scene

(Baby J)

(Baby J)

Did You Know?

- When Dorian (Asher's brother) was telling Ash about their dad dating a man 30 years ago, the other man was Jace's father. So, basically, Jace's dad dated Asher's dad for eight months before Jace & Asher were ever born. There was a part early in the story where Jace and his dad were talking. His dad mentioned he had once dated another man.

- At the beginning, Asher was supposed to be Nolan's cousin, but they weren't going to like each other. Asher was just going to be some random person.

- Asher was named Ace before I changed it.

- Nolan was going to die, like seriously.

-- SPECIAL -

*Nolan*

"Alright, Jos. This is your home, baby," I whispered to my sweet, little newborn as I stepped through the wooden door frame.

Zion was jumping about all around me in tremendous excitement while exclaiming, "Baby! Baby!"

When I met my daughter a few days ago - looked at her for the first time, held her, whispered to her, and heard her cry - I just fell in love. I mean, she was mine. I was a father. I kept repeating that to myself every couple seconds and each time made me feel special.

Looking down at our new addition, I admired her soft skin, her rosy, round cheeks, her pursed, pink lips, and her tightly curled fingers rubbing against her face. She was so small and it made me wish I'd been around for Zion's birth.

I honestly could never say I loved Zion any more or less than I did Jos. When I looked at her, I saw him too. That was what I'd been aiming for, and that was what I got. Asher and I had a mutual understanding that our children were equally ours. In other words, Zion was my son as much as he was Asher's, and the same with Jocelyn.

I was so happy in this moment. Nothing could make me forget it. I felt the way I did when Ash proposed, and when we married barely a month ago. I felt... so special, so light. Like I was on clouds. I had decided to start school in the Spring next year because my family came first to me. There was simply no way I was going to let Asher handle Zion and a newborn baby all on his own while I went to school. We had created a family, together.

"Oh, she's so precious!" I heard my mother gush. She had been here with Kalani and Justin, watching over Zion as they awaited the arrival of the baby. In Kalani's arms was her own little girl, McKenzie, who'd been born several months earlier.

"Wow, look at that!" Justin stood up, helping me into the house and stealing glances at my child.

Mom came to me immediately while Kalani started to get up, a grin on her face.

Asher carried up Zion so that he could see his sister's face and the boy just stared with wide eyes at her, as if she was a foreign creature. I saw the wonder on his face as he marveled at the sight.