windy days & cheating girlfriends

It was late January in New York City, and the weather would stay around 20 degrees everyday.

I hated winter in New York sometimes, it can just be a pain in the butt . In a few weeks I would be starting my second semester, in my Sophomore year of high school.

So far I managed to keep a GPA of a 3.5, during the last semester. But I don't know how long I can keep that up.

During that time I felt that I should keep my grades that up, and accomplish "big things" because of my then girlfriend Brooke, who is now my ex-girlfriend. But it just so happens that she's been sleeping with the captain of the basketball team.

Imagine that. The girl I love doesn't even love me back. I should feel worthless, right? Wrong.

I leave my house around 9:00, to take my morning walks. I stop by the nearest café to get coffee and a doughnut.

I stood in line trying to get a good look at the menu. But something was in my way.

A girl with soft curly hair and chocolate  brown eyes, turned around. "I'm sorry, can you see the menu?" She asked.

"Oh, No, it's fine, I can see perfectly" I reassured.
" Oh. Ok. " she said as she turned around, and tucked that perfect curl, behind her ear.

She ordered a banana nut muffin with coffee, and then sat down at a table. "Hello. How may I help you?" She said.

The cashier look like she was the same age as me, she had blonde wavy hair that fell to her shoulders and blue eyes to match.

"Umm... 2 French crullers, and a small coffee." "Okay" She said. I squinted to read her name tag and saw that it said "Farrah".

She handed me my food, and I sat down by the window. The girl from the line was right beside me reading a book.

I couldn't help but stare at her. She was absolutely stunning. She had chocolate brown skin, with jet black curly hair, with symmetrical freckles on both sides of her cheeks.

Then the unthinkable happened, she caught me looking at her.