XXX

Niklaus's POV

It's been 5 wonderful months since Caroline told me she was pregnant. I couldn't be happier, everything in my life was finally perfect, I was married with the woman of my dreams and was about to be a father.

"Are you sure about this?" Caroline asked me concerned.

"Yes. I just want to see them..."

"I know, I know... But I worry about you." She said and I kissed her.

"I'll be alright." I said, she nodded and I kissed her one last time before I went to the woods.

I was trying to find a good hiding spot where I could see them turning, then I spotted a perfect place and someone was there, I decided to walk over the person and realized it was Henrik.

"Henrik? It's dangerous being here."

"You are here." Henrik defended himself.

"Yes, but I am older then you." I said.

"Please don't tell anyone. They didn't let me and I really wanted to see them turn."

"Okay. It will be our little secret, brother." I said and he smiled then we start to see the people turning to wolves.

Caroline's POV

I felt asleep in the couch waiting for Nik and now that I woke up, I walked over the house to see where was Nik but he was nowhere to be found, then I heard some voices in the village and in the window I saw people reuniting, so I decided to go see what was happening and I found Niklaus running with Henrik full of blood, he rest his baby brother in the ground with tears in his face. I run over him, got in my knees to be the same height as him and put my arm around him, pulling him closer.

"What happened?" Esther asked when saw her son in the ground.

"The wolves." Nik said never stop looking at Henrik. "We wanted to see them changing and then they start to run over us. I try to protect Henrik but then he run to the other side when I wasn't looking and one of the wolves did this. I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault." I said.

"I should make him go home instead of letting him be with me." Niklaus said and I hugged him.

"It was an accident." I said and he just hugged me really tightly.

Esther's POV

After the small funeral I gave to Henrik with the presence of my sons, my daughter, my husband and Caroline, who was like a second sister to Henrik, I decided to go talk with Ayana who was a stronger witch then me and asked her if she knew any spell that would protect my family from another death. I already lost Freya and Henrik, I can't handle losing anyone of my family anymore...

"Esther..." She said surprised once she opened the door of her house.

"Do you have time to talk?" I asked, she nodded and we seat in the chairs near the table.

"I'm so sorry about what happened. Is there anything I can do to help you to get through this difficult time?" My best friend asked with a concerned face.

"Actually, there is. We both know that you are the most powerful witch alive so... I was wondering if you know any spell that you can do to make my family immortal."

"What? You can't ask me such a thing. You shouldn't even think in something like that. Immortality is against rules of nature and we as witches are here to serve nature and not to go against their rules." Ayanna said.

"It's no fair to..."

"I know." Ayana interrupt me then added "But this is life and you can't go against the rules of nature because of life being difficult sometimes."

I was about to yell at my best friend when I noticed she had her grimoire in a little table in front of the couch, I had to put my hands on that book.

"Can you gave me some herbs to make tea? Mine is out and I don't want to leave my family right now." I said and she nodded with a kind smile, when left to the dispense where was the herbs, I put her grimoire in a bag that I had brought with me.

"I better get going. See you soon." I said and left before she could get to me.

I was and am against stealing but in extreme situations... I need to do this.