XL

Aurora's POV

Everybody was coming to the dance Ball and was just important people, my father introduced me to the sons of the people with more power that my father wanted to be part of our family but I didn't care for any one of them because I already had my eye on someone, Niklaus... I know that Niklaus is committed with Caroline, but that is not going to stop me from getting Niklaus affection.

After awhile, I saw Niklaus coming downstairs with Caroline and his siblings. I was a little disappointed because I was hoping that Caroline would stay in her room. I guess now that he is in the Ball with his wife, I won't have my chance to dance with Niklaus.

Niklaus's POV

I was talking with my beautiful Caroline when the Count interrupted us and asked me to talk to him in private, making Caroline go talk with my sister.

"In what may I help you, sir?" I asked him.

"I noticed that my daughter Aurora is not having the best time, so I would like to ask you to dance with her... Just for a few moments. It's her birthday and she deserves to have some fun."

"I'm very honored but I am here with Caroline and I intend to only dance with her, she's the only woman I want to dance with..." I told him and he didn't seem much happy with my answer.

"Niklaus, I wasn't expecting that it come to this... But if I won't see you dance at least once with my daughter, I will make sure you, your wife and your siblings won't find a place to sleep with a roof." He said and I nodded.

"Very well, I'm going to see Aurora." I said just to protect my family.

"Aurora... Congratulations! It's a beautiful ball!" I compliment and she smiled to me.

"Thank you."

"I hope this won't sound too forward of me but... Would you give me the honor of this dance?" I asked and she poised her hand in mine and took me to where everyone was dancing. How I wished to be dancing with my Caroline instead of Aurora.

Caroline's POV

I was talking with Rebekah when I saw Nik dancing with the daughter of the Count. I was feeling so sad and angry to see him dancing with another woman that wasn't me.

"I think I better leave..." I said to Rebekah while looking at Nik and Aurora and she realized.

"Caroline, I'm sure my brother is just dancing with her because he was asked to do it." Rebekah tried.

"He seems to enjoy the dance... And Aurora is enjoying too much for my taste." I said completely jealous.

"Caroline, Niklaus is madly in love with you. There is nothing to worry about..." She said and I nodded because I need to be this petty, he wasn't my proprietary, he was my husband.

After a few moments, Tristan appeared and asked me to dance, at first I denied but he insisted and Rebekah told me to go have fun, so I went and start dancing, after awhile, he spin me around and I stopped in Nik's arms, he was smirking and showing his adorable dimples, then we start dancing.

"You look ravishing tonight. Of course it isn't a surprise, you are an exquisite beauty that looks smashing in anything." He said making me blush, he noticed and smirk.

"You look really handsome tonight!" I told him with a smile and he smirked, then we kissed and continue the dance.