The Ball -Part Two

Ian danced very well. I found myself having a lot of fun even though Susan was in the spotlight with Caspian every second that passed. I kept smiling.

I didn't become tired until the third dance. I sat down with Ian and we talked. He is a very nice guy. He makes a lot of jokes and I found myself laughing so hard that a tear formed on my right eye. I tried containing it because the room was full with people but it came out as a bunch of noises after a while.

Unfortunately Ian and I separated as he went to talk to some formals. I had to do that too, because of my title but I easily slipped away as I wasn't into talking with Lords and Dukes about Narnia at the moment. Or ever.

"Have you seen Caspian?" Said a voice behind me, I turned around to see Susan with hands on her waist.

I lifted my brows. "No, I haven't." I said with a firm voice as I walked past her, pushing past her shoulder. I headed for outside of this mess. It was getting late anyway, the ball would end soon. So what if I left a little earlier?

Ian and I could become great friends. I would find a way to meet with him again and get to know him better. He could get my mind off bad and complicated things. She walked out of the ballroom and found herself walking through corridors. She ended up in a room that had bottles of alcohol. The lights were on surprisingly.

But I realized it was because someone was there already holding a bottle. The King.

"Caspian?" I asked in disbelief. He turned around a little weirdly. He grinned when he saw me.

"Lucy!" He laughed. "Exactly who I wanted to talk to!"

I furrowed my brows, sneering a bit. "Are you drunk?" I asked taking another step.

He laughed again. "Who cares. I'm a grown man I can do what I want." He claimed.

I rolled my eyes. I had never seen Caspian drunk. I turned around muttering, "I'll leave you to your drinking then."

He grabbed my arm harshly turning me around, "I didn't say you could go, Lucy." He said with a touch of anger.

"Let go of me." I said with intensity and anger burning. I was sure I scared him because he let go of me. He stepped back with the bottle in his mouth again. "What do you want of me, then?" I asked with my chin up, my lips pursed.

He smirked nearing me again. "Oh Lucy, you have no idea."

That made me lose all my confidence and my lips tremble once. What? What did he say? I gulped and took a step back in denial. "How much did you drink, Caspian?" I asked not looking at him, not finding the strength to do that.

He chuckled. "Where are you going Lucy?" He asked taking a step forward, his voice low.

I bit my lip. "Stop." I said my heart beating faster.

He just kept taking steps forwards as I took steps back. "I won't. Believe me I want to stop thinking about you when I kiss Susan."

I took a sharp breath as my hand went to my heart. "Caspian." I warned. My back reached the wall.

"I can't stand her anymore though, you know?"

I was starting to shake from our close proximity. From his words. It was just too much. "Caspian." I breathed unable to use my voice.

His hand went to my neck. My heart was a loud drum with a too fast pace. "Lucy, what have you done to me?"

I wanted to cry, I wanted to laugh, I wanted to disappear and the ground to swallow me, I wanted to kiss him so hard to shut him up but I just breathed because in the back of my head there was this clear voice saying, He's just drunk.

And I had to listen to it, I didn't want him to do something he would regret, he was drunk. I shouldn't take any advantage of the situation. So with a heavy heart I turned my face to the other side and closed my eyes for a moment.

"If there is anything you want to tell me, say it when you're sober." I muttered.

He didn't stand as an obstacle when I exited the door. I ran to my room and dismissed any servants. I fell on my bed and hugged a pillow. I cried. What I cried about I don't know. I just cried.

Maybe I cried because I thought of how he would say he was sorry tomorrow? Maybe I cried because he would've kissed me and I didn't let it happen? Maybe I cried because there was a fat chance there wouldn't be anything else between us? Maybe I cried because his words just were too good to be true? Maybe I cried because it all felt like it wasn't real? Like it was dream?

Maybe I cried once again because I'm in love with him.

Sorry this wasn't very long but I just haven't updated in so long and Idk. Did you like this chapter? It was very surprising how quickly I finished it. What do you think will happen? Do you like Ian? Writing about a drunk Caspian was so... interesting. #guilty

I LOVE Y'ALL FOR READING