The Ball -Part One

I locked myself in my room when we came back.

I felt empty and useless and unhappy. I looked around and something vibrant caught my eye. The mannequin had the red gown on. Fiona and Miley had changed some small details. The gown was still a rich wine red shade without sleeves. It had glittering designs from the corset and down, the further they went, the lesser they were and the trail was short. The corset itself didn't have any designs just tiny red gems on the top. I loved this dress.

 What I did until it was time to get ready wasn't much. Most of the time I stayed in my room, reading a bunch of books trying get my mind to stop thinking. Don't ask if I suceeded or not because you already know the answer. During lunch I thankfullly didn't have to look at Caspian or Susan once because well he wasn't there. When Susan came and she saw that Caspian wasn't there, she left asking the servants where he was. So I ate in peace, it was the least they could do for me.

The gown was a perfect fit and they gave me matching shoes. My hair was down but it was so brushed that I was surprised at how smooth it felt. I was sprayed with perfume at some point in the process and I coughed. They also tied a necklace with two rows of chain and a large twirling shape with some rubies decorating it.  In the end, I looked at the mirror.

I realized I hadn't really seen myself lately. Because the girl staring back at me was elegant and beautiful and no longer a childish girl wanting to look like her sister. I might never become attractive; not the way Susan is, and now I was pleased about that. I held my chin higher and looked away.

No, I didn't have a boyfriend waiting for me back in England. That doesn't necessarily mean that no boy was interested in me. Riley was the first to have asked to go out with him and I had said yes for three reasons. One: I didn't want to break his heart because he was the quiet, not daring guy in the class. Two: One of my friends had a crush on him and I accepted to tell her all the information I'd have gathered. Three: Since the above happened, why not? I went out with him and turns out he was a complete psycho.

Then there was this other guy Drew that was cute, funny and my friends congratulated me when he asked me out. He was pretty okay. That was the thing. I didn't have a crush on him, I wasn't in love with him. I liked the guy in a friendly manner. So when he started taking things to a level above friendship I told him I saw him only as a friend and he backed away, ashamed and said it was fine. He would be my friend.

"Ooh, your Highness we must leave now. The ball is about to start." Miley said and I nodded knowing this would be a very long night.

 The ballroom was big and a grand staircase was there awaiting to be descened by me and my sister. Yes, me on the right side and Susan on the left side of the staircase we would walk it down together because it was our ball.

I knew there would be a huge crowd waiting in the ballroom to see us and I didn't feel nervous one bit. I raised my head still in the hallway I glanced at my sister. She was wearing a blue gown with tight sleeves to the elbow, a sapphire pendant and matching earrings with her hair in a bun. She smirked at me and we stood right before the opening of the staircase.

"Their Majesties, Queen Susan the Gentle of the Radiant Southern Sun and Queen Lucy the Valiant of the Glistening Eastern Sea!"

Me and Susan appeared at the same time standing still ontop of the staircase and looked straight ahead. The crowd was watching us with wide eyes and I tried not to search for Caspian. I started descending. Susan was annoyed I started descending because she didn't have all the time she wanted to be admired by everyone but I didn't know all that because I was holding my gown to walk down the steps and looked not down nor straight ahead. The crowd was clapping full of wonder and all I could do was keep myself from trying to find Caspian with my eyes.

Failed.

Because there he was at the right side of the staircase waiting for us- me?- to descend. I reached the bottom and I looked up at him. I put all my effort to smile at him the same way he was grinning. And I managed to do it until Susan came and took his arm on hers to which I looked away immediately and walked into the crowd.

"Queen Lucy, you look dashing tonight." I turned my back to see who said that and found a young man with light brown hair and blue eyes bowing to me. 

"Thank you--"

"I'm King Caspian's assistant and you can call me Ian." He said with a brilliant smile which I had to return and surprisιngly, it took no effort at all. I didn't have to try because it came automatically. It came natural.

I'm sorry for not updating in such a long time but I had/have a writer's block. Yeah. We've been through that...

Anyways! I'm so happy this fanfic is getting more reads and votes! Thank you all! Don't forget to hit play on the song. I believe it suits this chapter so greately.

Kisses

-Vicky