Enchanting

I woke up to the chirping of birds from outside. Who opened the window?

My eyes widened as last night's events came to mind. I blushed secretly and looked around the room. A maid was taking care of my new belongings. She had put the pink dress on a dress mannequin. I yawned which made the maid look towards me. "Good morning Your Majesty."

"Good morning." I said and pushed away the quilt and sheets.

As soon as I got up from the bed, the maid came next to me. I moved away quickly and sat in the chair of the dressing table. I looked myself in the mirror. Yeah I had brushed my hair yesterday but even if I brushed my hair an entire day, after two hours they would need to be brushed again. I was surprised to see my hair wasn't all that messy. Maybe Caspian untangled it last night. I thought and my cheeks flamed. I looked down to hide my crazy blushing.

"Your dressmakers will be arriving shortly to your room, Your Majesty." The maid said and I nodded.

"Thank you." I looked behind me and saw she had finished making the bed.

Suddenly, the doors burst open and two women entered the large chamber. "Good day, Your Majesty. Slept well?" asked Miley.

Um yeah. No. How do you answer that question? It was a simple one yet the answer was hard to define. "Good enough." I replied. That was the best I could come up with.

"Great, now, you had seen the dress you will be wearing today. We just need to take care of your hair and --"

"I'm not going to a ball or somewhere formal. I'm just going to take a walk."

"Absolutely. Not." Fiona concluded.

"But--"

"I'm sorry your Majesty, it's for your own good." Fiona said and I sighed at her, I told the maid that she was dismissed. I went to the screen to change into the dress that was sewn for me.

After dressing up, Miley said "It looks lovely, your Majesty."

"Didn't I told you to call me Lucy?"

"Sorry Y--erm Lucy."

"Here wear these," Fiona hesitated. "Lucy."

It was a pair of light pink chiffon heels. I'd start to protest but I've been protesting on everything they do for me so I picked them up and tried them on. They were my size which meant there was no escaping in wearing them.

"Yay, they fit!" Miley and Fiona cheered and jumped around the room. I tried to hold my laugh so it came out as a chuckle.

Fiona stopped and came to the dressing table. "Now for your hair--"

"You'll let it be the way it is." I finished even if that was not what she was going to say. I smiled innocently.

"All right, all right."

"Thanks for the dress... and the shoes."

"We're glad you like it, Lucy." Miley said.

I thought about going to the library but that could wait. I walked past the dressmakers, stylists or whatever and went down the stairs

I skipped to the entrance and saw two guards standing in front of me. I walked slowly in front of them and my shoes touched the grass of the gardens. I fastened my pace and came to a stop far enough from the guards. The flowers and plants were spectacular. A bush of roses came into view and I went closer to it.

You think red roses or pink roses, white or even yellow.

Nope.

The evergreen bush was full of beautiful blue bloomed roses and blue rosebuds. I was mersmerized. A blue rose was hard to find, a bush full of them? My eyes almost hurt to look at them. I reached closer and my slender fingers touched some of their petals. Then, accidentally, my finger went farther down in the flower -were the thorns were held.