Kwami Senses

Marinette drew in her sketch book as Ms. Bustier discussed the previous night's homework assignment. The young girl dreamed of being a fashion designer and fortunately, Mr. Agreste was hosting another contest that very weekend. This time, the contestants were to design a jacket. Marinette was having difficulties with an idea, though. Every one that she came up with seemed much too unoriginal for her.

The girl was so distracted in her sketches that she did not hear the bell go off, dismissing class. She did, however, feel someone bump her arm. "Marinette, time to go. You can finish those later!" Alya smiled as her best friend quickly gathered up her belongings. In a rush, she threw her purse over her one shoulder rather than having it across her entire body.

The two girls finally rushed out of the classroom, facing each other as they spoke. "Sorry about that. I just keep coming up blank and the entries are due early Saturday morning!"

"I'm sure it will end up looking great, just like everything else you ever make!"  Alya grinned at her bestie.

"Thank you, Alya. What would I do without you?" Marinette waved goodbye and the two parted ways, as they took their separate routes home.

Marinette looked down at her phone as she walked along the sidewalk heading towards her parents's bakery. All of a sudden, she smacked into someone, both of them dropping all of their things. The girl looked up and saw that the someone was Adrien, her crush! "I wasn't paying attention, I'm so sorry!"

"Hey, it wasn't your fault, Mari. I wasn't paying any attention, either." Did he just call her Mari? How cute! The two students bent down to pick up their bags. On top was Marinette's backpack, followed by her purse and then Adrien's messenger bag at the bottom. Marinette secretly hoped that Tikki wasn't hurt from such a fall and Adrien thought the same about Plagg.

"Well, I'll see you at school tomorrow! Sorry again!" Marinette slowly walked away, waiting for a chance to talk to Tikki. Seconds later, her back was to any seeing eyes. "Psst, Tikki? Are you alright?" She spoke quietly as a precaution.

"Yes, Marinette, I'm fine. But, I sensed another kwami back there when you dropped your purse!"

"I didn't know that kwamis could sense other kwamis?" Marinette tilted her head, questionably.

"We have to be extremely close. We should go back!" The girl sighed and hesitated before going back to where she ran into Adrien. Nobody else was there, but to her surprise, Adrien was walking back to the same spot as well.

"Hey, what are you doing back here?" Adrien questioned.

"I'm, uh, looking for something." Marinette blushed. Even though she felt more comfortable around Adrien now, she has never been this close to him for this long. They were merely inches apart!

"What a coincidence! That's what I'm doing. Did you lose something when we dropped our stuff?"

"Not exactly..."

Plagg slowly peeked his head out of Adrien's bag just enough to find the kwami he was sensing. Luckily, Tikki had the same idea. "Psst, Marinette. Look!" Tikki whispered just loud enough for only her friend to hear and pointed at Adrien's bag.

Marinette noticed what her kwami was doing and saw a black cat-looking kwami right in Adrien's bag. Her eyes went wide as she made the connection. "Chat?" She whispered.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you. What?" The blonde smiled and waited patiently.

Marinette, now blushing, looked up at Adrien. "You're Chat Noir."

"I think you're confused. What gives you that idea?" Adrien was nervous now.

Marinette pulled Adrien into the nearest alleyway. She looked around making sure that no one could see them. "Peeking out of your bag, I saw that you have one of these..." She opened her purse, revealing her kwami. "Tikki said she can sense others when they're close. I guess when we dropped our bags..."

"Plagg said the same thing! That's why I came back here." The two kwamis smirked at each other, knowing that they brought the two lovebirds together at last. "Woah, wait. Does that mean...Ladybug?!"

Marinette giggled and flicked his nose with her index finger. "The one and only, my kitty."