My Hero (Part 1)

"See you later, Alya!" Marinette waved at her best friend as they separated from the school's front steps and took their separate routes home. The two girls decided to stay after school for over an hour in order to work on a class project. They would have worked on it at one of their homes, but it was more convenient since the school had more resources and materials.

"Psst, Marinette! You're late for your daily patrol with Chat." Tikki, slightly peeking out of Marinette's purse, spoke in a hushed whisper. Even though the entire school lot was empty, Tikki never wanted to risk being seen.

"I know, Tikki," Marinette spoke with a hint of guilt in her tone. "I couldn't just leave Alya to work on her project alone, though! I still have plenty of time." She took out her phone to check her notifications. There weren't any new messages, but apparently Alya wrote a new piece on the Ladyblog that morning. Marinette would make sure to read her best friend's post once she was able to relax. Marinette quickly put up her phone and scanned the street for cars, with no vehicles in sight. She then began walking across the road, her attention going to the other side of the street. Little did she know, a car was starting to appear on the left.

"Marinette, watch out!" A familiar voice shouted out at the girl. She quickly looked around, instantly noticing the speeding vehicle. She froze, unable to think of what to do next. As Ladybug, she faced danger constantly. Also, she always knew what to do. As Marinette, though, she didn't feel as confident. Before she had time to truly react, two arms wrapped around her. The two were moving at incredible speed before they were both safely on the other side. The two arms slowly placed her back down on the ground. "Are you alright? I was on patrol watching out for potential enemies and came across that speeding car."

Marinette finally looked up from the ground to face her rescuer. "Chat?" Marinette looked at her own body up and down, searching for injuries. "Um, yes, I'm fine. I guess I'm pretty lucky you just so happened to be here, huh?" She crossed her arms.

"I told Gorilla these maniacs don't know how to drive." Chat muttered under his breath, too inaudible for Marinette to hear and comprehend. "Well, while we're both here," Chat leaned in closer with a grin on his face. "Would you care to join me for a beautiful view of our lovely city of Paris?"

"I'd love to, but I actually have somewhere I need to be." Marinette attempted to continue walking home, but Chat ran in front of her. It startled her, causing her to slightly jump.

Chat looked at Marinette with a puppy-dog face (which was quite ironic since he was a cat), and pressed his hands together in a begging format. "I promise it'll only be a few minutes, Princess. Ladybug is running a bit late, so I have some time to spare."

Marinette checked the time on her phone and considered the offer. "Okay, but only for a few minutes." Chat held a huge grin on his face.

Chat swung her over on his back. "Hang on tight!" Marinette wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. He used his staff to make it to the top of the nearest building. From there, he jumped from rooftop to rooftop until they had a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower. Chat set her down carefully. "I bet you've never seen a view of Paris like this before."

"No, I definitely haven't. It's so beautiful!" Marinette laughed to herself. If only he knew...

Chat sat down at the edge of building, allowing his legs to dangle. He motioned for Marinette to join him, but she was reluctant. Chat was persistent, though. She rolled her eyes gently and proceeded to sit down next to him, her legs crossed. The two talked about the silliest of things for the next several minutes. Seeing Tikki peek her head out, Marinette reached into her bag to get her phone. She did, however, drop it over the ledge. Luckily, Chat quickly reached out and grabbed it instantly. "I guess you can say I have Chat-like reflexes," he said with a wink.

Marinette giggled, "I guess so. I really must be going, Chat. This was fun, though!" Marinette searched for the rooftop door, stood up, and began walking away. Before she made it, something had made her stop halfway. She ran back to Chat who was now staring at her in pure confusion. She stood on her toes, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek. "I forgot to thank you for saving my life." Without another word, she quickly disappeared. Chat was left alone with many questions but also with a smile.

Marinette, or Ladybug, never gave Chat much of a chance. Not that it had anything to do with him, but it was her crush on Adrien. She felt it might be wrong if, say, she was with Chat but still had feelings for another. However, she started to come to her senses. Chat clearly cared for both Marinette and Ladybug...

Moments later, Ladybug finally appeared on the rooftop. "I'm really sorry that I'm so late, Chat! Something really important came up." She grinned.

Chat turned around slowly, as if he had a delayed reaction. When he faced her, Ladybug noticed his blushed face. "No need to apologize. Something came up for me, too."

~~✿~~

"Okay, class, please get out your notebooks. I promise that the notes will be short and sweet today." Mrs. Bustier addressed the entire class. Well, minus Adrien. He must have been sick because he did not show up to school that day. Marinette frantically searched for her notebook, coming up unsuccessful.

"Marinette, what is with you lately? You've been all over the place!" Her best friend talked in a hushed whisper. Alya was beginning to feel concerned about her friend. She wasn't acting the same and feared that she was hiding something.

"I'm fine. I must have just left it in my locker." Marinette raised her hand and waited until the teacher called on her. "I believe I left my notebook in my locker. Can I go run and get it real quick?"

"Very well. Just make it quick." Marinette rushed out of the classroom. Alya felt like something suspicious was going on. Granted, Marinette was always scattered-brained. However, something was different this time. She seemed quite distracted by something. Alya raised her hand and asked to go to the bathroom, only she was really planning on following Marinette.

Marinette walked extremely quickly down the hallway. The last thing she wanted was to miss out on too many of the important notes. When she reached her locker, a figure stood directly in front of it. She instantly recognized who it was. "Chat?! What on earth are you doing here?" At the same time, Alya hid behind a nearby wall, watching the entire thing.

"I just assumed that you may need this, Princess." Chat held out the girl's notebook, with a sly grin upon his face.

"You vile cat!" Marinette teasingly snatched her notebook from his hands. "You know," she leaned in closer to him. "If you really wanted to see me, you could've just stopped by. There was no need to steal my notebook." Marinette giggled.

"In my defense, I didn't steal it. You dropped it the other day when I was so heroically saving your life." Chat began flexing his arms.

"Oh, my knight in shining armor." Marinette both jokingly and dramatically held her hand up against her forehead, as if she was about to faint.

She started to head back to class, but Chat grabbed her arm. "Wait!"

"I told Mrs. Bustier that I was going to hurry!" When Marinette spun around, Chat pulled her closer to him. "Chat? What are you-?"

"Marinette..." He pulled her in closer. "I think...I think I love you." In the background, Alya silently gasped.

Marinette pulled away and turned from him. "I'm nothing special, Chat. There are so many better girls out there."

"You are very special, Mari. There's no one like you." He placed his hand on her shoulder, turned her around, and smiled at her. Marinette started to speak again but Chat interrupted her, pulling her into a kiss. At this time, Alya gave herself away by shouting in surprise. The sudden event startled Marinette and Chat.

"Alya!?! What are you doing here?!?!" Marinette gasped.

"Clearly, I'm having to find out about your new boyfriend on my own!"

"Boyfriend, huh?" Chat smirked and winked at Marinette. "I'm okay with that."