Chapter 6: Please Cue The Gasps

I love being myself. I missed this awesomeness. I missed you me. Love you. I still have my ego and confidence. Thank goodness. I thought those would wear off.

I stop my mental flattery to myself when I feel eyes on me. I look up and everybody is looking at me. What the Hell? Was that a wink? Nah. Not for me. Then there was another one. Now that was a wink. I look around me for some barbie bimbo. Nope, just me. Huh.

SMACK!

Oh Hell no. I turn around to slap the offender of my butt in the face.

"Ow. What the fuck was that for?!" I see a very-recently-been-slapped-in-the-face Nate. Ugh the player of the school. Man whore alert! Wait, what? Did he just ask me what the slap was was for?

"Did you just have the nerve to ask me why  I slapped you?" I asked shocked. He put his hand down to show a very red left cheek and smirked.

"Well yeah, babe. Sure did. 'Cause now that you've seen me I bet your regretting it huh? I mean look at me." The boy thought he had an affect on on me! I almost laughed when he winked at me.

"I am. I just don't get why I would regret slapping you after you smacked my ass. I mean you're nothing special. Yet, my sweet ass on the other hand, did not deserve to be touched by the likes of you hun."

His face dropped.  "The likes of me?"

"Oh sure. I don't mess people with HIV. Much alone guys with small dicks."

"Where did you get that piece of info darling?"

"Oh. Your little friend over there," I pointed to his best friend. "He told me both of those things. I mean he should know. Since he's seen it quite a lot."

He turns to his 'friend'. "Dude, did you fucking tell her?" Well shit. I was just kidding. They're actual gay lovers? Well good for them. Maybe they should grow some balls and come out with it. I mean everybody knows I'm bisexual.

"No. I've never seen this girl before. I would remember." His friend said panicked.

"Then how did she-" Nate started.

I interrupt. "It was a joke. And by the way you do know me. Both of you do."

With that I walk off. Only to run smack into a solid wall. Dammit. I can trip on my own shadow. I really like this wall because it magically spurt muscly arms to stop me from falling on my butt

Of coarse it was none other than Mark. I smile shyly as recognition fills his eyes. Awesome.  "Umm. Sorry and thanks see ya Mark." I zoom past him. To my first class. Yes! I didn't blush! In your face...face! 

As I walk in late the whole class turns in confusion. "Well apparently we have a new kid today. People need to tell me these things."

"Actually no. I'm in your class everyday. I sit right there." I point to my usual seat.

You can tell everybody is shocked. How can my own teacher not even recognize me? Wow. This shows how small  of a social life I have. Cool. Not.

Yet, I think I'm gonna keep of being myself for the rest of the day. I kinda like the attention. A bit, it just needs  to be brought down a couple of notches. The best part I like about this shenanigan is the reactions.  Their faces are priceless. Shock and amazement.

***

Third period~ Choir

I have always love singing. I do it in the shower, while I'm cleaning, at my old school at random times, and in my head. Yet, my current school has never heard me sing before. Ever. I wanted to stay invisible, but not anymore.

"I'm back bitch!" When everybody stops talking I had a feeling I said that out loud. Even Mark was looking at me. Well, shit. So much for staying semi invisible.

"Well, it seems that somebody is excited about today. Willing to participate even?" Mrs. Wright said.

Is it weird that neither my choir class or my choir teacher didn't know what my voice sounded like? Hell yeah. That's gonna change though. Today.

"Actually, Mrs. Wright I'm gonna do more than participate. I'm gonna go in front of the whole class and sing an amazing song."

"Oh? What song would that be? Let It Go from Frozen?" She's probably recalling the time that I wore Elsa leggings. I miss those. Mom threw them away on accident.

"Nah. That's too easy." She raised an eyebrow at that. Apparently it's a challenging song. "My song will be by Whitney Houston."  And please cue the gasps.

And I am surrounded by gasps.