Chapter 4: Keeping Your Coat

Beep. Beep. Beep

I groan waking up from yet another nightmare. I flip on my side hitting my stupid alarm clock that won't shut up.

Apparently I felt the need to go overboard and started to threaten the damn thing. So I made my hand into a gun and pointed it to the dreadful thing.

"If you don't shut the fuck up I will shoot you." I threatened.

Then I realized two things. One, I sadly didn't have a gun in my hand. Two, I just then figured out that it couldn't speak to me. Then the weirdest thing happened.

"Karli! Wake up!" My eyes widen as I stared at my alarm clock in complete shock. It just talked to me.

"What the fuck?!" I exclaim.

"Watch your language Missy!"

Okay this is becoming too weird for me. "Mooooomm. Alarm clocks are talking to me." I bolt out of my room only to run into my mom who so happened to be rolling her eyes.

Then it hit me. "Ohhhh. That was you? The world makes sense again!"

"Go get dressed silly."

***

I walked through the school doors and walked to the foyer. I was about to head to my first class. Even though I was a half hour early. Yet, I stopped when I heard my name being called out. I turn to see the guy who has been invading my mind's privacy.

Mark waves me over with a big ole grin. He was sitting with his bad boy friends, and everyone knew he was the baddest of them all. I hesitate when all of his friends stop what they're doing and just stare up at me.

One of his friends stopped strumming his guitar plugged into a amp impressing a whole bunch of girls. One stopped making out with a beautiful brunette. While the last one stopped playing with his yo-yo. His tricks were cool though. Worst part is, they were all staring at me. Too much attention.

Mark saw my hesitation and decided to solve the problem by running up to me and throwing me over his shoulder. I sigh and didn't even try to protest. This boy was more stubborn than me. That's saying something. When he got to the table he set me down plopping himself next to me.

This boy is trouble. His friends finally take their eyes off me and continued what they were doing. Mark leaned towards me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Surprisingly, I was able to push him away without a mental fight with myself. Yes! You go girl!

Shock covered his face before he quickly masking it with a smirk. "Huh." He said.

"'Huh' what?" I asked.

"A girl has never pushed me away. I mean look at me. I'm sexy as Hell." He made motions around his body.

Remember when I said he was completely oblivious? Yeah..... No. That's a lie. He knew tons of girls were after him. I mean every time a girl passed him they giggled, waved to him, flip their hair, and wiggled their fake eyebrows. Eww. They also threw me daggers that could kill a girl.

"They're gonna kill somebody with those pointy fake eyebrows, I honestly don't get it. People can tell that they're fake. I mean seriously, they have tan lines!"

I didn't know I said that out loud until he started to crack up till he couldn't breath. "Oh my God. I've been thinking the same thing lately. They think it's attractive, but it's far from." Mark explained.

Even if he did like the joke I still can't believe that I said that out loud. Great I don't have a filter around him. Well shit. "Umm.. Sorry I didn't mean to say that out loud. Sorry 'bout that."

"No don't be sorry that's the first laugh I've had in a while. It probably just about made my day."

"Oh, well okay." I smile shyly.

"I like your outfit today."

I look down at my outfit. I'm wearing my cookie monster pajamas with a Beastie Boys shirt. "Ya know, you don't have to be sarcastic."

"No I'm serious. I actually love the cookie monster pants." I look in his eyes. He wasn't lying.

"Thanks then."

"Umm hey I was wondering if..." Then he got of by the first bell. I ground as I got up.

"See ya, Mark."

I dragged my feet to the next building to go to U.S. History. My teacher thought it would be cool if we played out a thing with countries, wars, and stuff like that. He decided to be a butt and pick me to hold a sign that said Germany.

"Well, class. Germany dropped a bomb, but it seems they're a little tired and wearing their pajamas."

I decided to be immature and stick my tongue out at my teacher, but to my disappointment he just laughed. Ugh.

When class ended I decided to put on Mark's coat back on. I was cold okay? That's the moment when he thought it was funny to scare me.

"Is that my coat?" I screamed and jumped like two feet in the air. He just laughed. He's the devil. "Sorry about that."

I turned around to glare at him. He was still grinning his ass off. "No you're not."

"True. So is that my coat? I expected to have it back now why do girls like guy's coats anyway?"

"There are so many reasons. Like they're nice and warm. They usually smell good," he raised an eyebrow at that one. "Also when the sleeves are long we can flap our arms and pretend that we can fly like a bird. That's also the reason why I'm not giving your coat back." I leave him at that and walked to my next class.