Chapter 15: Screams of the Past

Karli's P.O.V.

Flashback

"No. No. Please stop. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I won't do it again. I promise." I screamed. I begged. Nothing could ever save me. Nobody was even willing to help me.

They were too scared of  him.

"You bitch! You bit him. Now I'm going to get paid less. It's all your fault!" He said

"I'm sorry. Please. I'm sorry. Forgive me. I'll be good. I promise."

"No it's too late for your fucking lies. You're not sorry. You've done this before. You will regret this."

He left the room only to come back with the thing that I hate the most.

The thing that caused most of my scars on my body.

End of flashback. Back in present

I collapse on the tile floor in the foyer crying.

No. Bawling. I start screaming. Pulling my hair hoping that the pain will make him go away.

He stayed. I'm shaking uncontrollably, I can't stop. Nothing can save me.

"Noooo! Make it stop! Please somebody help me. I can't take this anymore. Make him go away!"

I'm screaming. Shouting. Crying. Shaking. There is no end to my pain.

Then I hear a faint soothing voice. Realizing that strong supportive arms wrap around me and holding me.

At first I struggle trying to get out of the strong grip. I'm scared. Then I see green eyes through my blurry vision. He had blue eyes.

Mark's POV

She collapsed on the tile floor crying.

I rush over to her when she starts to scream worse than bloody murder.

"Noooo! Make it stop! Please somebody help me. I can't take this anymore. Make him go away!" She screams and screams.

Oh shit. She's having a panic attack. She must have PTSD. Oh God.

When I get to her I immediately bring her into my arms. Saying soothing words.  She's screaming for at least five more minutes. Then she realized that somebody was holding her.

She started to struggle. Throwing as many punches at me as she can. Then her eyes full of fear and tears looks up at me. Realization hits her face and she slightly calms down.

She's still crying though. I am going to kill whoever made her suffer like this. Whoever hurt her. She's only 18. She shouldn't have to go through this shit.

Its another seven minutes when she starts gasping for air and having the hiccups from crying so much. She's shivering. So bad.
I take off my hoodie and slide it on over her head. She immediately sighs from warmth.

Will she tell me what happened? What caused this? Who caused it? How long has this been going on? Does it happen often? Jumbled questions are zooming in my head.

I hope that when she calms down more that she will let be there for her.

I squeezed her slightly harder as I hoped that she will let me be her crying shoulder. I want to be there for her. Help her as much as I can.

It killed me to see her like this. Instead of her confidence and remarkable strength, she was vulnerable and weak. I've never seen her like this.

"I need to take you to the hospital" I whispered even though I knew she couldn't register my words right now.

She sits up straight and widened her eyes shaking her head in panic.

"No, no. You can't. Please don't take me there. I can't go. Please" she begged.

"Why not? You just had a panic attack."

"You can't please. He  will find me."

"Who's 'he'?"

"I can't tell you....At least not yet."

I watch her get up on shaking legs. Leaving my thoughts to go crazy.

What happened to her that was so terrible?

😱😱😱😱